2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 F150s still had Sync 2/MFT so anything ACM/APIM related would be identical, I'd believe. It would be the BCM and other modules for all the new stuff that would change between 14 and 15.

jgwoody

Reaction score
2015 F150s still had Sync 2/MFT so anything ACM/APIM related would be identical, I'd believe. It would be the BCM and other modules for all the new stuff that would change between 14 and 15.

Gotcha! My speaker setup is a bit different than yours, I have a Kicker Hideaway sub mounted under rear seat that taps the speaker wire on a door speaker for the bass signal. If you could post your full values for yours, let me know, as I'd like to compare them to mine and maybe tweak mine even more.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Wondering if you would be able to help me with my ambient lighting issues. I have a 2013 that has been upgraded with Sync 3 along with all of the OEM parts for ambient lighting from the Platinum trucks. I bought my Sync 3 upgrade from 4D Tech and had them enable the ambient lighting function, which they did. The only trouble is not all the colors are working and the ones that do aren't the same color light as indicated on the control screen. So I got something wrong. Just not sure what.

Any ideas?

cgibs89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotcha! My speaker setup is a bit different than yours, I have a Kicker Hideaway sub mounted under rear seat that taps the speaker wire on a door speaker for the bass signal. If you could post your full values for yours, let me know, as I'd like to compare them to mine and maybe tweak mine even more.

ACM:
dXxL9JB.png

APIM:
wVgJJAJ.png

Like I said, the APIM settings are only needed if you've taken the Sony amp out and done an LC or another processor to run amps. If you've just added the kicker sub, you only need the ACM settings.

Wondering if you would be able to help me with my ambient lighting issues. I have a 2013 that has been upgraded with Sync 3 along with all of the OEM parts for ambient lighting from the Platinum trucks. I bought my Sync 3 upgrade from 4D Tech and had them enable the ambient lighting function, which they did. The only trouble is not all the colors are working and the ones that do aren't the same color light as indicated on the control screen. So I got something wrong. Just not sure what.

Any ideas?

I wouldn't have a clue where to start on that. Only really cared about the audio upgrades I did and really have no desire or care about any of the other stuff added to the newer trucks.

BoostinChick

Reaction score
I am a stickler for OEM so I picked up a 2016-2017 antenna for the roof. The part number has "GPS" and "Satellite radio" in its description so my hope is that this newer antenna carries both signals. Part number HL3Z-10E898-AA is the antenna and I picked up the splitter (GL3Z-10E928-AA) as well.

rkneeshaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who upgraded to Sync 3 had an intermittent issue where the radio is off when you start the truck sometimes, even though the radio was on last time you turned the truck off?

I wonder if this is a bug in the Sync 3 3.0 version I'm running....

Spectragod

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good call, this was non-nav as I have an iPhone and love CarPlay. I believe he has a nav version for $1199.

Bought it from this guy, breeves002: https://www.ebay.com/usr/breeves002?_trksid=p2060353

My first screen actually came cracked thanks to FedEx and he shipped me a new one couple days later, so a reliable seller.

That’s way too much, if someone wants a non NAV screen and apim, I have a spare sitting here for $450, it will need a farka antenna and programming with forscan, but it’s cheap. It was my spare for my ‘15 till I sold it.

Itsjustmetal

Reaction score
The camera on my 2014 still worked after the Sync 3 install. As for the programming, it really doesn’t take long with Forscan as there aren’t that many lines in the APIM to program. I used the values that @rkneeshaw posted earlier in this thread (with two exceptions - 1) bypassing the navigation in motion lockout and 2) switching the splash screen to the Raptor screen) and had no issues.

Do you have the codes for these 2 that you used instead of what rkneeshaw posted?

I’m looking to upgrade on my 14 I just picked up.

Itsjustmetal

Reaction score
Looking to upgrade to sync 3 for my 14 raptor I just picked up. Looking on car part is their certain 8” screen id’s I need to stay away from? Does it need to be from a car with heated and cooled seats in order to keep that feature?

j2k

Reaction score
Do you have the codes for these 2 that you used instead of what rkneeshaw posted?

I’m looking to upgrade on my 14 I just picked up.

Both of the changes are in the 7D0-02-01 line (see below). I'm going off of memory here, but I'm almost positive that the bolded "7" is used for the navigation in motion override..... and the bolded "5" is for the Raptor splash screen at start up.

7D0-02-01 5753 0503 40C8