2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mykee

Reaction score
So I installed a SYNC 3 unit from a 2017 Escape that I sourced through car-part.com, and most of everything went ok. I am still having a few issues with getting everything reprogrammed via ForScan. I cannot seem to get the steering wheel controls (besides the volume) to work. Channel up/down, media, none of those are functioning, and I am not seeing where or what to change in Forscan to make them work. Also, the time display does not increment, (haven't hooked up the GPS ant yet) even if I set it manually on the settings page.
If anyone could point me to the right location, and values to change in ForScan, I would be most grateful.

Edit: I installed this into my 2014 Raptor.

Last edited:

j2k

Reaction score
So I installed a SYNC 3 unit from a 2017 Escape that I sourced through car-part.com, and most of everything went ok. I am still having a few issues with getting everything reprogrammed via ForScan. I cannot seem to get the steering wheel controls (besides the volume) to work. Channel up/down, media, none of those are functioning, and I am not seeing where or what to change in Forscan to make them work. Also, the time display does not increment, (haven't hooked up the GPS ant yet) even if I set it manually on the settings page.
If anyone could point me to the right location, and values to change in ForScan, I would be most grateful.

Edit: I installed this into my 2014 Raptor.

Did you see the values that were posted earlier in this thread for a 2013 Raptor that had upgraded? I used those values for my 2014 and it got me squared away. I would start by making those changes and see if it doesn't solve your issues.

okieff218

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on some issues I’ve started having with my unit from infotainment. First, sometimes when I connect my phone, CarPlay doesn’t start on the unit and I have to reset it by pushing the fast forward and power button. After that it may work for a day or it may work for weeks. I called them and they sent me a new usb connector, but that didn’t fix the problem. Second, I now have an issue with my AC. It blows warm air on the drivers side no matter what I switch climate control to. Passenger side works just fine on all settings though. Anyone else have any of these problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an update on some issues I’ve started having with my unit from infotainment. First, sometimes when I connect my phone, CarPlay doesn’t start on the unit and I have to reset it by pushing the fast forward and power button. After that it may work for a day or it may work for weeks. I called them and they sent me a new usb connector, but that didn’t fix the problem. Second, I now have an issue with my AC. It blows warm air on the drivers side no matter what I switch climate control to. Passenger side works just fine on all settings though. Anyone else have any of these problems?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooooh noooo Please keep us updated on this.....

I'm getting my Sync3 ( Infotainment.com ) and NavTV installed this Saturday....
Keeping my fingers crossed

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE IT WORKS !!!!! FRONT CAMERA AND INFOTAINMENT.COM SYNC3 INSTALL.

I'm really surprised nobody has experimented with this....Anyhow....I've tested this MANY MANY times and Front Camera Works
Installed - Sync3 by Infotainment.com (programmed to my vin)
Installed - NavTV MyTouch VIM13 F-Cam kit (from my Sync 2 install)

All installed and
-Front Camera FORCED ON works
-Rear Camera FORCED ON works
-Motion Bypass works

What you have to do is this
-Make sure the Truck is in DRIVE and STOPPED
-Double tap the Motion Bypass (defrost button) so it is engaged
-Double tap Rear Defrost (force on rear camera)
-go to the steering wheel buttons to engage Front Camera
-Double tap Rear Defrost button to toggle between Front Camera and Rear Camera
***attempting to Force On the camera "OnTheGo" doesn't work for some reason but from a Stopped Position and Shifter in DRIVE it will work. The FRONT Camera will STAY ON no matter what speed you go to ...you just have to engage it in the Stopped Position with the shifter in Drive.

THERE YOU GO ....and IT WORKS !!!!!!!
i have a 2013 SCREW Sync2 by the way....

Sync3 is a great Upgrade to do....The functionality is seamless without any of the Sync2 problems.

I will try to post photos right now
20190309_115242.jpg 20190309_115447.jpg

View attachment 120104

20190309_115457.jpg

Last edited:

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting rid of my Sync2
Infotainment provides a buyback service
$150 + pay for shipping cost

No need to save the POS

**Truckzor I replied to your PM

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BoostinChick

Reaction score
Getting rid of my Sync2
Infotainment provides a buyback service
$150 + pay for shipping cost

No need to save the POS

**Truckzor I replied to your PM

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Oh? That's nice to know! I'll reach out to them once I get mine installed. I would only be out $10 since I paid $160 for my Sync3 APIM.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd jump on that turn in price while you can- the price of Sync 2 stuff is going to plummet as more and more people do the Sync 3 upgrade.

Mykee

Reaction score
Question: Is anyone else who has done the swap having any issues with the clock?
The clock on the sync screen stays at 12:00, I can go into the settings page and manually enter the correct time, but it will then just sit at that time and not advance.
Upon plugging in the GPS antenna, the option to set time to GPS time is selectable, but still stays at 12:00.
I am getting a navigation fault, with a DTC for open circuit on the antenna line, so when the replacement antenna arrives I can recheck that, but I dont see how that would be the issue, as what about non-nav sync units? how do they get time?

Any input is greatly appreciated, as this should be the last bit to get working.