Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

2013-2014 Raptors Sync 2 -> Sync 3 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by Khilborn, Mar 29, 2017.

Sponsored By: Special Vehicle Concepts
  1. Mick VT

Mick VT Full Access Member

Thanks guys

2. Mick VT

Mick VT Full Access Member

I went with this guy https://squareup.com/store/FLVPmods/ saved a ton over going with the other two big vendors, I could pick my APIM version, and map version programming for the vehicle was included. It arrived 2 business days after ordering - all I had to supply was the USB socket / bezel / adapter cable

Sync3 is V3.0 on a 2018 APIM - I added NavTV at the same time and can confirm my front camera is working. Love this setup.

3. BoostinChick

BoostinChick Member

Wanted to update this thread that instead of getting the Amazon/eBay GPS antenna I ordered a 2016+ Ford F-150 antenna and splitter. The antenna was identical to my stock one but the 2016+ antenna carries both GPSM/Sirius signal. It all plugged into the factory wiring.

4. jgwoody

jgwoody Member

Has anyone updated to 3.3 yet? I see it came out in March, not sure if it fixes/breaks anything for us, or if we’re even able too. Appears it might be for newer vehicles only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. roboman

roboman Member

Works perfectly as it should, like normal without putting the truck in reverse use of 15mph and below? Or is it only working utilizing the reverse delay? This is how mine works currently. Would love to have my front camera work normally. 4d tech had no fix for me that wasn’t ridiculous expensive.

6. jgwoody

jgwoody Member

No unfortunately it only works on reverse delay. Which is perfectly fine for what I use it for. I’d rather the original way, but like you said is ridiculously expensive and not worth it to me.

7. roboman

roboman Member

Talked to a guy from navtv via text chat on their website last night. He was no help in trying to determine what I needed to get my front camera working with sync 3 v3. Can you post the parts you got from navtv here? The camera is stock on my 14 and sync was upgraded from sync2 to sync3. When I bought the truck last November, it was v2.0 and I believe the camera worked. I updated to v3.0 and now have to use as described above up to 5mph.

8. roboman

roboman Member

Maybe flash back to v2.0? I don’t need applecar play...it’s cool, but not needed