2012 Raptors on material hold??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can blame Ford, for offering a product the don't have. They could have found other suppliers by now. You notice that the Raptor is the first truck to get bumped. It's because they know they won't lose that sale. They say screw the Raptor, these people will wait it's not like They are going to buy GM or Dodge...:flamingdevil::flamingdevil:

This guy obviously knows nothing about the design, testing, engineering, and production/manufacturing that goes into automobiles! Go spend a day in an automotive plant and you might see that you cant just solve problems like this buy sourcing a new vendor in a couple months!!

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This guy obviously knows nothing about the design, testing, engineering, and production/manufacturing that goes into automobiles! Go spend a day in an automotive plant and you might see that you cant just solve problems like this buy sourcing a new vendor in a couple months!!

I am well aware what goes into the production of a vehicle. But this truck wasn't designed, tested and engineered yesterday! Don't be stupid now. :idiot:

Last edited:

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am well aware what goes into the production of a vehicle. But this truck wasn't designed, tested and engineered yesterday! Don't be stupid now. :idiot:

Sourcing new vendors, and working to retool in some cases does not happen over night. If you bring in new vendors testing is needed to be sure of the products quality.

I source new vendors for tooling to machine transmission cases every day, and you can't just slap in a new vendors product and expect it to run. Getting new vendors for cameras, graphics, and paint wont take a couple days...more like months.

I'm sure they will sort this out and it's a percaution, but a lot has to do with the tsunami, and a bit may have to do with the fact that Ford didn't expect to sell 10000 of these trucks per year.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Randy, would you say a best case scenario for retail orders getting built is currently the week of 11/21?

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i believe randy posted that some were slated for 11/14 however like he said they are for dealer lots orders might be longer wait hope 11/21 sounds good to me

TommyBwell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the very least if the saw there was going to be a camera shortage why double down and stick them on both ends?

jlauth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer called and said that there was also a hold on silver and red? I dont trust that this guy really knows much, but who knows. I only knew of the graphics, cameras, and black!

HARLEY6LF250SDU

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy, would you say a best case scenario for retail orders getting built is currently the week of 11/21?

BEST CASE ?? For Sold "Retail" ?? Week of Nov 24th or 31st ?? BEST GUESS ?? NONE OF MY SOLD Raptors, have been pulled/vin'ed YET.
I have 1 White and 1 Silver "For Stock" pulled/vin'ed and NOW Sch'ed for Week -of Nov-07-2011

Full History
Status
Primary Secondary Vehicle Location Status Date / Time ETA
In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Nov-07-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Oct-10-2011, 00:00 EDT *Nov-14-2011

In Order Processing Scheduled to Day (Nov-07-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Oct-07-2011, 00:00 EDT *Nov-14-2011

In Order Processing Scheduled to Week (Week -of Nov-14-2011) Ford Dearborn Assembly, MI Oct-06-2011, 11:13 EDT *Nov-14-2011

In Order Processing Unscheduled- Clean Aug-29-2011, 19:10 EDT

Ford Proprietary
: This website and the information contained within is Ford Motor Company Proprietary.

randy

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Somewhat relevant question, what is the usual down time of the plant around holidays such as Thanksgiving and Christmas? Do they get the full week, or is it usually just a day or two that they're down?