Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

2012 ford raptor status thread

Discussion in '2012 Ford SVT Raptor Forum (Reply Only)' started by troycrna, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkolanko

pkolanko Member

Ordered a blue SCAB in northeast PA. Order - 2/9, sticker - 3/14, built - 3/28, ETA - 4/9.

2. WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD Full Access Member

Order Date - February 17th
    Build Date - April 12th
    ETA - April 23rd

3. 2010 RAPTOR SVT

2010 RAPTOR SVT Full Access Member

12/12/11 Ordered
    01/27/12 VIN
    02/16/12 Built
    02/20/12 ETA
    Quality Hold for some unkown reason for 7 long wks
    04/05/12 Arrived

Had 9.9 miles day of build 10.1 on arrival at dealer. It never moved in 7 wks

4. c-ne-elk

c-ne-elk Full Access Member

Ordered 2/7/12
    Built 4/3/12
    ETA 4/16/12

5. knine

knine FRF Addict

Looks like the order to delivery time has much improved from the 175 days I suffered (one week shy of 6 months).

6. Four by Six

Four by Six Member

I don't know what to think. I also thought order to delivery times was improving, based mostly upon this thread, so I contacted my dealer, who says Raptors were on a hold in March due to a supply issue and things have backed up again because of it. Supposed to give me an update after weekend.

7. c-ne-elk

c-ne-elk Full Access Member

4x6 - I think your dealer may be blowing smoke. I ordered mine on Feb 7 but my dealer told me at that time that he would not be able to order it until the first of March when he got his next allocations. He called me on March 7th (I believe) to say it was ordered and also gave me my VIN#. A week or so later, I was able to get my sticker and I called the SVT line this week and got a confirmation that mine was built on 4/3 and ETA was 4/16.
    If I were you, I would call the SVT line with your order and dealer# and see what they say. If they tell you they cannot find you in their system, that means your order is not truly placed and your dealer is waiting on his allocation.

8. Four by Six

Four by Six Member

No need to call SVT. Yes, my dealer is awaiting next allocations. Gets two a month, and had a waiting list. Where the dealer is blowing smoke is that they did not and would not clearly say "we get x a month and you are #x in line". The lesson learned here is that when calling around the dealers, if they will not clearly tell you where you are in their allocation queue, don't give them your deposit. Others here have mentioned a quality hold for problems with ECU supplier, so I assume dealer is being honest. While I don't mind a wait, the frustrating thing is after 4 months, I do not exist to Ford yet. I've owned a lot of cars over the years, but this is/was going to be my first Ford.

9. blood

blood FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

Ordered jan 27
    Build April 4
    Dealer eta April 7 moved up from 9th .thinking I'll be leaving work early Monday to get it!

10. knine

knine FRF Addict

I think if there was a "supply issue" we'd know about it here. Many dealers have been using this excuse for a long time. :flipthebird: Shmaybe Randy can chime in, he'd know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.