2011 + Heated Seats + Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
That's what I thought they meant but there is no selection in the productivity screen for the Heated Seats.

If ANYONE could tell me how to accomplish this, it would be great!!!

I'm trying to remember off top of my head.

First go to the settings menu. From there go into vehicle settings, then scroll down if you have the factory remote start in the key fob you should be able to scroll down to the option of remote start. From there you have a couple options like the passenger and driver heated seat, I think on the rear defrost and front HVAC settings. Hopes this helps out.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to remember off top of my head.

First go to the settings menu. From there go into vehicle settings, then scroll down if you have the factory remote start in the key fob you should be able to scroll down to the option of remote start. From there you have a couple options like the passenger and driver heated seat, I think on the rear defrost and front HVAC settings. Hopes this helps out.

I went into Settings and Remote Start. I have the Driver & Passenger Seats on "AUTO" - Only selections are "Auto" or "Off"

Still nothing...

jdowens1

Ford Senior Master Technician
Reaction score
I went into Settings and Remote Start. I have the Driver & Passenger Seats on "AUTO" - Only selections are "Auto" or "Off"

Still nothing...

With the passenger and driver seat on auto they should work. The outside ambient temp needs to be below 32 degree F, the vehicle needs to see the temperature is below 32 degrees as well. so if its 50 degrees when you last shut off and now its 20 degrees. If the vehicle still see its 50 degrees then the seats won't turn on. If the ambient temp isn't updating as it should there is an update on the HVAC module your local ford dealer can perform. I have noticed it takes around 12 minutes for the seats to start to warm up. Make sure your remote start duration is set to 15min as well.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With the passenger and driver seat on auto they should work. The outside ambient temp needs to be below 32 degree F, the vehicle needs to see the temperature is below 32 degrees as well. so if its 50 degrees when you last shut off and now its 20 degrees. If the vehicle still see its 50 degrees then the seats won't turn on. If the ambient temp isn't updating as it should there is an update on the HVAC module your local ford dealer can perform. I have noticed it takes around 12 minutes for the seats to start to warm up. Make sure your remote start duration is set to 15min as well.

That helps. Thanx for the clarification.

I was expecting the seats to start warming up immediately. Silly me that they would do that (Ford)???:flipthebird:

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That helps. Thanx for the clarification.

I was expecting the seats to start warming up immediately. Silly me that they would do that (Ford)???:flipthebird:

They start warming up immediately but you won't feel it right away, no different than when you push the button yourself. Especially if you aren't sitting in them.

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, had to make a service appt this evening for my driver's seat.

The last two days it has been getting extremely hot and even with jeans on; it felt like it was burning me regardless of low or high.

I had the thermostat set for "Auto" tonight and warmed the truck up. (5 degrees outside) When we got in the truck there was a smell of something burning and I sat down and hopped right back out. My seat was burning up. The leather was very soft to the touch and very warm.

I bent down and you could smell something burning because it was letting off those fumes of electrical.

Appointment set for tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well, had to make a service appt this evening for my driver's seat.

The last two days it has been getting extremely hot and even with jeans on; it felt like it was burning me regardless of low or high.

I had the thermostat set for "Auto" tonight and warmed the truck up. (5 degrees outside) When we got in the truck there was a smell of something burning and I sat down and hopped right back out. My seat was burning up. The leather was very soft to the touch and very warm.

I bent down and you could smell something burning because it was letting off those fumes of electrical.

Appointment set for tomorrow. Hopefully it's an easy fix.

you smelled your seat? :lol2: how far up the back does the heated seat go on the '11s?

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, getting a new seat heater, new cushion and new cover.

They pulled the seat apart and the heater burnt thru the cushion and started scorching the back side of the leather seats.

Oh the joys... Glad it got caught prior to my seat going up in flames... :)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Well, getting a new seat heater, new cushion and new cover.

They pulled the seat apart and the heater burnt thru the cushion and started scorching the back side of the leather seats.

Oh the joys... Glad it got caught prior to my seat going up in flames... :)

Oh god make sure you scrutinize the install job. Both myself and Ironman had this done and the fit/finish was terrible. The tech didn't take the time to even secure the seat cover, it just looked like a sack of potatoes and my leather ended up creasing badly.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk 2