2011 + Heated Seats + Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to hunt for my heated seat options this morning, and I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to see if they work. But, I did find them under "vehicle", "remote start", "heated seat".... or something close to that. They're kinda buried in the menus.

I kinda lol'd when I saw the option for a courtesy wipe.... turns out that doesn't mean what I hoped it meant... :ROFLJest:

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to hunt for my heated seat options this morning, and I'll have to wait 'til tomorrow to see if they work. But, I did find them under "vehicle", "remote start", "heated seat".... or something close to that. They're kinda buried in the menus.

I kinda lol'd when I saw the option for a courtesy wipe.... turns out that doesn't mean what I hoped it meant... :ROFLJest:

Is it getting below freezing there? They won't come until you get lower than 32f.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it turns out the dealer installed the wrong system in my truck. I had given them the exact part number and and they still managed to install the wrong one in my truck.

bb5z-19g364-c is what I told them to order in.

They got me:

bt4z-19g364-a instead.

The series 200 system has the temperature monitor and stuff to turn on the heated seats and such the other doesn't.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well it turns out the dealer installed the wrong system in my truck. I had given them the exact part number and and they still managed to install the wrong one in my truck.

bb5z-19g364-c is what I told them to order in.

They got me:

bt4z-19g364-a instead.

The series 200 system has the temperature monitor and stuff to turn on the heated seats and such the other doesn't.
That sucks! Are they going to make it right?

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks! Are they going to make it right?

They are ordering the right part, I imagine I'll have to pay the difference in the part. The only charged my the price of the BT4Z which is about $100 less than the BB5Z.

If they want to charge me labor again they'll have a fight on their hands.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happy to report the heated seats work with the Series 200. I still don't have options in the productivity screen to turn off the heated seats on remote start, but who would want to do that anyway. lol

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MY 2011 SuperDuty is the same. If its on auto, the seats will heat when remote started if temps are below freezing (whatever unit of measurement you like).

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I cannot find the option to turn on my heated seats during remote start. I found the area showing the Driver's Seat and Passanger's Seat - Is that it or what?

I'm so confused. I would love to have the seats warm up. It's about 21 degrees right now and I'm heading home in about 40 minutes.

Any thoughts?

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I cannot find the option to turn on my heated seats during remote start. I found the area showing the Driver's Seat and Passanger's Seat - Is that it or what?

I'm so confused. I would love to have the seats warm up. It's about 21 degrees right now and I'm heading home in about 40 minutes.

Any thoughts?

i think they mean through the productivity screen.