2011 + Heated Seats + Remote Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone see the option to set the heated seats to automatic in the productivity remote start settings? It's in the manual but doesn't show on my truck.

Or is this something that us raptor owners get screwed on compared to every other 2011 F-150 with remote start and heated seats?

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to jack your thread, but I have a question about your remote start. When you start it with the remote, what do you do, push the start button on the remote (truck starts) you get in then what? Put the key in the ignition, leave it out? Is there a stop button on the remote? I know this sounds like a lame question but Ive never had a car with that and the ones I have seen with it have the keyless ignition.
Thanks.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit the button twice on the remote to start. Then get in the truck and insert the key and turn it to the on position.

The truck will automatically turn off after a predetermined time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone see the option to set the heated seats to automatic in the productivity remote start settings? It's in the manual but doesn't show on my truck.

Or is this something that us raptor owners get screwed on compared to every other 2011 F-150 with remote start and heated seats?
Mine is set to "auto", but living in Florida it hasn't been cold enough for me to see if it even works or not. The setting IS available in mine under "Vehicle".
Not to jack your thread, but I have a question about your remote start. When you start it with the remote, what do you do, push the start button on the remote (truck starts) you get in then what? Put the key in the ignition, leave it out? Is there a stop button on the remote? I know this sounds like a lame question but Ive never had a car with that and the ones I have seen with it have the keyless ignition.
Thanks.
You must press the lock button on the keypad and then the "start" button twice. I think you have to do all three presses in about 3 seconds. It starts. You can turn the truck off by pressing the start button again. You do not need to press the lock button to do that. You unlock the doors, get in and insert the key into the ignition and turn it to "ON/RUN". Don't turn the key to start the truck, but nothing happens if you do, unlike the old days where you'd grind the starter.
The truck will automatically turn off after a predetermined time.
Yep and you can set the time to be from 5-10-15 minutes. Also, a quiet start option is available as well that will start the truck at lower RPM's to make it quiet. Screw that, I like oil pressure in the morning. :flipthebird:

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question I have mine set to Auto but it's been -5c and so far they havent turned on yet

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are suppose to come on at 32f, that's 0c isn't it?

I wonder why I don't have the option in the productivity screen. Maybe it was removed with a newer software update because it apparently doesn't work anyway.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm going to assume the heated seat option doesn't work with anyone's remote start?

I'll get my service manager to contact ford and start asking the question why and what can be done about it. Hopefully others will as well and we might get it fixed in a software update.

gordhunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually they do work if it's on auto but they shut off once you turn the key. Was -15c here this morning and seats were toasty when I got in.

OP
OP
D

Dr Tone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually they do work if it's on auto but they shut off once you turn the key. Was -15c here this morning and seats were toasty when I got in.

So you have the option for driver and passenger seat, (Auto) & Off for each?

Because I don't have those option in the productivity screen.