2011 Ford SVT Raptor 6.2 4x4 with idle issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Waialua Raptor
Reaction score
More symptoms please
This vehicle was previously owned and needs attention. Misfires in #2, 3, 5,6,7 cylinders and random. Rough idle big time, could not drive over 40 mph, has no power by only going up a slight incline hill. Here is why:

The K & N air filter was never cleaned, neither was the MAF or PCV valve. The O2 sensors were toast.

The Ford dealers (2) could not figure out what causes the rough idle and recommend a a new engine. [!](108,100 mi.) This was after they changed (supposedly) all 16 spark plugs and coils. Charged the previous owner $3,600. I belive it was lack of simple maintenance.

So, I changed the PCV valve, cleaned the MAF, replaced all 4 of the O2 sensors, and throoughly cleaned the air filter. It runs much better like 65 mph, because obviously, it can breathe, finally.

However, I'm not out of the woods. There are still misfire codes in #5 and 6. It doesn't like to go uphill without straining. I need to fix, clean, pound out whatever necessary in the fuel/air department (I assume). I'm going to replace the fuel filter, and I thought maybe the IAC valve but found out today at Ford, the 6.2 engine does not have one. But the manager wouldn't tell me what it has instead.

My questions are: what else can I replace or repair to get rid of the misfires, before (or instead of) tearing down the engine? What about engine cleaners in the crank case and burning up the carbon deposits?

I appreciate any and all advise. Thank you!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This vehicle was previously owned and needs attention. Misfires in #2, 3, 5,6,7 cylinders and random. Rough idle big time, could not drive over 40 mph, has no power by only going up a slight incline hill. Here is why:

The K & N air filter was never cleaned, neither was the MAF or PCV valve. The O2 sensors were toast.

The Ford dealers (2) could not figure out what causes the rough idle and recommend a a new engine. [!](108,100 mi.) This was after they changed (supposedly) all 16 spark plugs and coils. Charged the previous owner $3,600. I belive it was lack of simple maintenance.

So, I changed the PCV valve, cleaned the MAF, replaced all 4 of the O2 sensors, and throoughly cleaned the air filter. It runs much better like 65 mph, because obviously, it can breathe, finally.

However, I'm not out of the woods. There are still misfire codes in #5 and 6. It doesn't like to go uphill without straining. I need to fix, clean, pound out whatever necessary in the fuel/air department (I assume). I'm going to replace the fuel filter, and I thought maybe the IAC valve but found out today at Ford, the 6.2 engine does not have one. But the manager wouldn't tell me what it has instead.

My questions are: what else can I replace or repair to get rid of the misfires, before (or instead of) tearing down the engine? What about engine cleaners in the crank case and burning up the carbon deposits?

I appreciate any and all advise. Thank you!
The wiring harness for the ignition coils needs to be checked, they are very delicate and could be chaffed or loose. I would check each one carefully and where it plugs in . It’s a bit time consuming but you seem to be determined. Good luck.