2010 Scab clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im having the clunk on stop and goes, moderate accelaration. I took it to the dealer, and they are saying its coming from the rear of the truck. They are not sure whats the problem and that they need the truck to stay with them for a couple of days. I was fine with that, but until they said they will give me no loaner or a rental, wtf?

I read SOCOMech's thread http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/ford-techs-take-clunk-one-only-clunk-thread-1482/

I diffinitely think its coming From the t-case and slip yoke. I also watched this video The Clunk in Slo Mo - Ford Raptor or F150 CLUNK SLIP YOKE - YouTube and confirm i have the exact same noise.
I told the service manager about this, but he told me that his tech says its coming from the rear. Because they put a listening device under the truck.
Does anybody ever had a clunk from the rear? If so whats the fix.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Can you go to a different dealer and see what they say?
It sounds like it to me.

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it to me.

x2. Depending on how many miles your Raptors been run, I'd say that driveshaft should be replaced under the powertrain warranty.

OP
OP
J

JSong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it to me.

I have called around, asking if they would provide a loaner or pay for a rental. Two dealership said no, I told them its still under warrenty. I just recently moved out here and diffinitely need the truck to go to work. Funny thing is when i was stationed in AZ, Peoria ford was awesome. They provided me rentals and was happy to do it. No money out of my pocket.

OP
OP
J

JSong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2. Depending on how many miles your Raptors been run, I'd say that driveshaft should be replaced under the powertrain warranty.

I have about 10800 miles on her. I told them to look where i have stated, but he was firm about it not being that. I'll just have to show him the video.

Last edited:

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have about 10800 miles on her. I told them to look where i have stated, but he was firm about it not being that. So i went out to buy a gopro camera to prove him wrong.

soooo your pissed about them not paying for a rental or a loner but went out an spent money on a go pro to prove them wrong ......i really hope you intend to keep that go pro for other uses then to try n stick it to a dealer....good luck either way

OP
OP
J

JSong

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soooo your pissed about them not paying for a rental or a loner but went out an spent money on a go pro to prove them wrong ......i really hope you intend to keep that go pro for other uses then to try n stick it to a dealer....good luck either way

I was planning on getting the gopro anyway. Rentals can get expensive when the dealer doesnt kno what there doing. They had my truck last time to figure out whats wrong with my suspension when my springs was rubbing against the shock. Hertz billed me instead of ford and they wanted me to pay 700 bucks. It took me a month to settle this issue. I got a gopro for 60 bucks from a friend.

Last edited:

debate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 10800 miles on her. I told them to look where i have stated, but he was firm about it not being that. I'll just have to show him the video.

Service writer noticed my VIN was flagged for the driveshaft recall at the first oil change. I'd gotten the Customer Satisfaction Program ( 11B25 ) but didn't think my Raptor had a problem. He ordered and got the BC driveshaft in three or four days. It was installed in about 45 minutes. Seems to operate much quieter than the BB driveshaft.

Some owners say they get better service at Lincoln Mercury service departments. Your video clearly documents the "chirp noise" mentioned in the 11B25 letter.

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center: 1-866-436-7332

Official Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Owner Site | Personalized Owner Information