2,000 Miles and Mysterious Squeaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my truck for a month (2,000+ miles) and there is a squeak that seems to be coming somewhere underneath the drivers side seat. Kind of under my right leg. It has gone from a little irritating to now it is driving me insane. It comes alive over small bumps on-road and sounds like a bad mattress. Anyone else have or have had this problem?

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
check the receiver side of the passenger seatbelt. may need a squirt of lube where it meets the seat.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a very similar EXTREMELY ANNOYING noise that took me forever to find.

It ended up being the rear front skidplate. Not the painted silver one but the one behind that. The factory stripped the bolts and it was making such an annoying squeaking. I ended up taking it down and putting dielectric grease on all the contact points at the top where it rubbed the frame and it is quiet as a mouse now.

OP
OP
worduck

worduck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i figured it out. The position i had the seat in somehow was making the seat squeak. I'm embarrassed it was something this simple, and it took me forever to figure out. Anyway, no more phantom noise. over and out.