'19 Being Built

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RAG13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you cannot sell it for more than what they offer, plus the tax credit, just trade it in. The other option is to see what Carmax will give you when selling it to them. Their offer is almost always higher than a typical dealer offer, unless your truck is highly modified.

I always sell mine outright as it is pretty easy to get more than 6.25% (Texas sales tax) over the trade in offer. Plus, you really are not dealing on an equal footing when you trade. They can offer a seemingly bigger discount than other dealers, but low-ball on your trade to make up the difference. The only way to really compare dealer offers is to do it without a trade in the picture.

Dealers know it is a hassle to sell your existing vehicle when buying new, so they use that to their advantage when making their low trade-in offer.
Yeah this makes sense. I do have some time so I may just throw it up for sale privately and see what offers I get. If the offers don't exceed the dealer offer with the tax credit factored in by enough of a margin to make it worth the hassle, I'll just trade it in when my new truck comes in.

No Clue

Reaction score
From what I've seen, they all say convoy. Though I could be wrong. I'm not sure what measurement Ford uses to determine convoy vs rail, but going to KC would almost certainly be rail.

Has your truck actually been built? If so, 04/03 isn't an unlikely estimate.

I just looked at my sticker and it says rail.