18 Raptor Lemon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
5C08B7AF-D906-4291-89F5-046B2C0A77E7.jpeg 6EFD9039-CD60-4044-ACC8-3D8CE637577A.jpeg 5C08B7AF-D906-4291-89F5-046B2C0A77E7.jpeg 6EFD9039-CD60-4044-ACC8-3D8CE637577A.jpeg 1BAD5819-4BDA-4AC4-B5DB-BDB4077A968B.jpeg Please HELP. I have an 18 Raptor with MANY problems. Dealers no help. Been at dealerships 6 to 8 times in a year and a half.

1..Transmission: after reversing placing truck in drive transmission goes into 7th gear not 1st. Truck won’t move. I have to shut it down in the street for it to go into 1st gear. It’s happened 5 times since I’ve owned it. Have video but it’s to long to upload.

2..The truck smokes HEAVILY after start up out of the left exhaust. Now it smokes on the highway. Not every day but twice last week. Have pictures of this. No way is this normal or a good thing.

3..Back up sensor on the right rear side constantly goes off when it rains. Dealership swapped sensor with on on the left, still having the problem.

4..Door locks and unlocks multiple times in a row while sitting in the truck.

5..Just picked the truck back up from the dealership and back up camera doesn’t work, just a blue screen, no picture but all the other ones work,and the tail gate won’t open manually or electrically.

These last 3 items are electrical problems.

2nd Dealership on the advice of Ford I took it to refuses to fix anything because it doesn’t happen when they have the truck. Wouldn’t even look at the pictures or videos.

Oh by the way, 2 dealerships said NO codes have been thrown even though I have videos of every problem I’ve had with this LEMON.

0FB0D29F-52A4-4FD0-84CC-318BCBD88D18.png

1B0C61E5-21B4-49A2-A2DF-965DDD6A6873.png

OP
OP
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m doing that tomorrow. It’s going in the shop on Monday for the tailgate issue. If you can help me spread these problems somehow I’d great appreciate it. I’ve got the same truck you do. Thank you

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m doing that tomorrow. It’s going in the shop on Monday for the tailgate issue. If you can help me spread these problems somehow I’d great appreciate it. I’ve got the same truck you do. Thank you

If it were me, both of those dealerships would be on blast. Names everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 127935 View attachment 127936 View attachment 127935 View attachment 127936 View attachment 127937 Please HELP. I have an 18 Raptor with MANY problems. Dealers no help. Been at dealerships 6 to 8 times in a year and a half.

1..Transmission: after reversing placing truck in drive transmission goes into 7th gear not 1st. Truck won’t move. I have to shut it down in the street for it to go into 1st gear. It’s happened 5 times since I’ve owned it. Have video but it’s to long to upload.

2..The truck smokes HEAVILY after start up out of the left exhaust. Now it smokes on the highway. Not every day but twice last week. Have pictures of this. No way is this normal or a good thing.

3..Back up sensor on the right rear side constantly goes off when it rains. Dealership swapped sensor with on on the left, still having the problem.

4..Door locks and unlocks multiple times in a row while sitting in the truck.

5..Just picked the truck back up from the dealership and back up camera doesn’t work, just a blue screen, no picture but all the other ones work,and the tail gate won’t open manually or electrically.

These last 3 items are electrical problems.

2nd Dealership on the advice of Ford I took it to refuses to fix anything because it doesn’t happen when they have the truck. Wouldn’t even look at the pictures or videos.

Oh by the way, 2 dealerships said NO codes have been thrown even though I have videos of every problem I’ve had with this LEMON.

View attachment 127938

View attachment 127939

Honestly, you are not going to win. Cut your loses and trade in. You will be much further ahead.