17 Tranny issues and question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Digger, "weird kind of herky jerky shifting just in the morning and it would go away in a 1/4 of a mile of leaving me my house" is an issue but I understand your frustration.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans was 1.5-2qrts low from the factory.
Topped it off then went to leave town and like you smoke everywhere.
After I limped back to the dealership to get a loaner I told them " I'll be back in a week replace the transmission ".

The dealership just flashed the trans and sent me on my way. I'll be going back for stupid 3 to 4 or 5 shifting again soon.

These dipshits act like a few lines of code are magic. I personally think autos are black magic and if you let the smoke out of them they are done.

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Digger: Here is my post of when I thought a re-flash would work for tranny. https://www.fordraptorforum.com/thr...-new-parts-under-warranty.68163/#post-1359915

Hmmm...very interesting. Mine has done the weird shifting since it was new but just in the morning and not for more than say 1/4 mile of leaving my house and I just got used to it. Other than that one nagging thing my truck has been rock solid for 35K miles. I just figured while it was there for the oil change and sway arm bushings that I'd have them do the TSB re-flash for it and for some reason they flushed my transmission which I never asked for and it's been Fd up every since. Like I said they replaced the trans module yesterday morning that threw a code and they drove it and it was fine until they put my trailer back on and it didn't make it 15 miles before it started really shifting hard and the trans temp got pretty high and it started pushing transmission fluid out the overflow like it did on Sunday when I took it to the races.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans was 1.5-2qrts low from the factory.
Topped it off then went to leave town and like you smoke everywhere.
After I limped back to the dealership to get a loaner I told them " I'll be back in a week replace the transmission ".

The dealership just flashed the trans and sent me on my way. I'll be going back for stupid 3 to 4 or 5 shifting again soon.

These dipshits act like a few lines of code are magic. I personally think autos are black magic and if you let the smoke out of them they are done.

How did you know that it was low on fluid and how did you put it in because I looked and there's no dipstick under the hood or any way to add fluid?

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got under the truck and checked it. Burnt my arm on the cat. Not impressed with the lack of a dipstick lol

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got under the truck and checked it. Burnt my arm on the cat. Not impressed with the lack of a dipstick lol

Just googled and saw where the little mini dipstick and fill is. WTF? I guess they don't want us Fn around with it :)

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe

Tranny...

**** move....

Tell me I’m not the only one that saw this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk