GEN 2 Gen 2 Transmission Clunk into drive - New parts under warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Thought this might be helpful: Brought vehicle in for transmission issue this week at approx 16k miles. (2017 with extended warranty)

• Transmission clunks when shifting from park to drive
  • Harsh shifting intermittently when up-shifting and downshifting
Just received call from service advisor at dealer.
  • Both A and E Clutch packs are to be replaced. They have significant wear on both.
  • Valve body will be replaced due to inconsistency of one of the valves.
  • Parts will be ordered and hope to have completed within 1-2 days.
I have seen in other posts where the dealer re-flashed the ecm and fixed transmission problems, I was expecting that.

TIP: I took it to local Lincoln dealer and they got to work on it the same day.
Ford dealer told me it would be up to 2 weeks just to get diagnosis due to back log. (ridiculous)

Last edited:

BigDinNoCo

Reaction score
Thought this might be helpful: Brought vehicle in for transmission issue this week at approx 16k miles. (2017 with extended warranty)

• Transmission clunks when shifting from park to drive
  • Harsh shifting intermittently when up-shifting and downshifting
Just received call from service advisor at dealer.
  • Both A and E Clutch packs are to be replaced. They have significant wear on both.
  • Valve body will be replaced due to inconsistency of one of the valves.
  • Parts will be ordered and hope to have completed within 1-2 days.
I have seen in other posts where the dealer re-flashed the ecm and fixed transmission problems, I was expecting that.

TIP: I took it to local Lincoln dealer and they got to work on it the same day.
Ford dealer told me it would be up to 2 weeks just to get diagnosis due to back log. (ridiculous)
I'm having the same issues as you described. Did you get it resolved yet? The last thing I want to do is turn my truck over to the dealership, but it sounds like it could be more serious than just a re-flash.

OP
OP
R

Raptor10X

Reaction score
Definitely not a reflash -?hard parts being installed. Should be complete by tomorrow morning. Then it’s on to get the sunroof fixed