“In Production” thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asg0524

Reaction score
Finally got scheduled production week as of 8/24/23! Ordered 7/18/22, scheduled for week of 9/18/23. Agate black, no roof

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got scheduled production week as of 8/24/23! Ordered 7/18/22, scheduled for week of 9/18/23. Agate black, no roof
congrats you are getting the limited edition heated steering wheel lol hope your dealer is msrp or very close(15k max adm) is not still charging the same adm you negotiated when you ordered a year ago and rates were super low. because now the market has cooled way off so use it as a negotiating point to get the best deal possible as 24 order banks open at the end of next month. congrats!

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats the longest production i have seen 8 months.
Mine was only 5 months lol
I really fell bad for all you job 1 guys. 1 your 100k truck has been built (1st time ford) taken apart and built back by rousch (your engines replaced) 2. your trucks have sit in a holding lot for months just baking in the sun and hopefully not rusting with the michigan climate aside from not getting a heated steering wheel. 3 the icing on the cake most still had to pay a adm to a greedy a$$ dealer that was agreed upon a year ago when the economy was strong and rates were low( ford shoud have compensated retail order holders like they did with the bronco fiasco or mandated msrp)WTF ford this is a 100k truck totally unacceptable

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really fell bad for all you job 1 guys. 1 your 100k truck has been built (1st time ford) taken apart and built back by rousch (your engines replaced) 2. your trucks have sit in a holding lot for months just baking in the sun and hopefully not rusting with the michigan climate aside from not getting a heated steering wheel. 3 the icing on the cake most still had to pay a adm to a greedy a$$ dealer that was agreed upon a year ago when the economy was strong and rates were low( ford shoud have compensated retail order holders like they did with the bronco fiasco or mandated msrp)WTF ford this is a 100k truck totally unacceptable
Don’t need to feel bad for us, we are the first ones driving around this beast.

No engine replaced here they might have replaced seal but can’t tell, engine bay looks perfect no scuff marks nor scratches. Looks untouched. May be less than 5% got engines replaced it’s all speculation for now until real numbers come out.

Yes it sat in holding lots but paint and black trims got cleaned and look perfect, imagine dealer lots where cars stay for months before being sold, paint is much better quality these days doesn’t fade easily. Mine stays In the driveway through out winter and snow so not much difference except I try to wash it every month or so.

No rust what so ever when it arrived.

And it has heated steering wheel

ADM was minor they saved me more $$ in taxes through trade in etc.
No guarantees ADM going to disappear for 2024 MY it’s been around for previous gen’s
No guarantees 2024 trucks will be perfect and no issues.
Seems like people who are criticizing 2023 R’s are who couldn’t get one and hoping for a 2024

ADM definitely an issue specially when it’s 30-40-50k over that’s just stupid and hope that’s not the case for 2024

I have 2024 ordered as well but not sure I like the way the front end looks, gen 3 looks better and the R going to be more rare only 1 year production.

Again I don’t think people who own and drive R are feeling sorry for themselves. This thing is a beast and gets a lot of attention all day long.

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol it does not take 4-7 months to replace a front main seal ( 2 minor parts and 1 hr labor in technician service manual). don’t believe me call rousch and see if you can get someone on the phone and asked why there are 400+ trucks sitting outside. I called and guess what i was told these job 1 trucks all got new engines so don’t kid yourself the time line does not add up ford Fu**** up big time and had to cover there a$$. @Stormtrooper who had 2 seals fail and a couple supercharger failures ( his truck was released before the engine fiasco was discovered) @ ford happily bought it back from him as they knew. also ford will be building this truck well into or beyond 2025 especially now the lightning platform is losing revenue. and fyi v8 mustangs are not going anywhere anytime either so what makes you think this is only a 2 year production vehicle?

Last edited:

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol it does not take 4-7 months to replace a front main seal ( 2 minor parts and 1 hr labor in technician service manual) was told these job 1 trucks all got new engines so don’t kid yourself the time line does not add up ford Fu**** up big time and had to cover there a$$. @Stormtrooper who had 2 seals fail and a couple supercharger failures ( his truck was released before the engine fiasco was discovered). also ford will be building this truck well in to or beyond 2025 especially now the lightning platform is losing revenue
If you have a reliable source I guess then its probably true.
As far as i know all the trucks were moved to holding lots waiting for a fix and then waiting for parts needed.
Most of these trucks didn't move until july when they were going back into production for a day then showed built.
my engine bay was dusty and zero finger prints or sign of anyone working on it.
I was tracking 6 local raptor R's all stuck in the same loop, only one is still stuck in production other 5 got delivered in July. To me it seems like that 1 needed engine replaced rest needed to be tested for leaks or replace seals etc.

Again these are all speculations for now.

highwhey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you have this right. I don't know how the dealer has both of us on the same truck. I am paying 15k adm. Just spoke with sales manager so I am confident that the truck is mine.
i was told 25 adm lol.

anyways, good luck i guess. i just got back from dfw, drove back my new avalanche r. love it, 50 miles from dealership a rock struck my windshield tho, and some crackhead tried running me off the freeway in midland (shocking, i know). but ottherwise a good roadtrip. fucc mike castrucci, his salespeople, and his family.

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was told 25 adm lol.

anyways, good luck i guess. i just got back from dfw, drove back my new avalanche r. love it, 50 miles from dealership a rock struck my windshield tho, and some crackhead tried running me off the freeway in midland (shocking, i know). but ottherwise a good roadtrip. fucc mike castrucci, his salespeople, and his family.
My ‘23 avalanche had a crack in the first 1,500 miles. Brace yourself, that windshield is $2,000