Change Grill Lights to White LEDs?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Raptor three days ago, but am stock piling mods for it so when it comes in I can throw all of it on at once & be done. I ordered Oxford White & am wanting to swap all the amber lighting over to white. Is there anyway to change the grill lights to white or do they have an amber lens? Also I'll be swapping the side reflectors in the front to white as well. Any help on swapping out all the front amber lights to white would be much appreciated, thx.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my Raptor three days ago, but am stock piling mods for it so when it comes in I can throw all of it on at once & be done. I ordered Oxford White & am wanting to swap all the amber lighting over to white. Is there anyway to change the grill lights to white or do they have an amber lens? Also I'll be swapping the side reflectors in the front to white as well. Any help on swapping out all the front amber lights to white would be much appreciated, thx.

Um, I think its illegal to change the colors...
Front Identification Lamps (ID) (P2 or P3) Indicate presence of a wide vehicle Exactly 3 Yellow on the front - center - horizontally spaced 150 mm (6 in.) to 300 mm (12 in.) apart As high as practicable or on top of cab

http://www.nhtsa.gov/Vehicle+Safety...eral+Lighting+Equipment+Location+Requirements

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is 5% tint & no cats, but I'm going to have that as well. I'm just looking for the LEDs needed to replace the stockers, but thanks for your concerns.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is 5% tint & no cats, but I'm going to have that as well. I'm just looking for the LEDs needed to replace the stockers, but thanks for your concerns.

Ya except the tint is really for the cops to see in to see what you are doing.. The lights are for other vehicles safety. I would guess that you wont make very long with the lights changed... Will be good to see how long you make it without getting a ticket... Keep us informed

Hocker52

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Texas Law states that the front marker lights MUST be amber and the rear MUST be red. I would imagine its the same in most other states.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

5% tint is legal in Texas. Except for the driver and passenger side windows have to be no less than 35%.

OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya except the tint is really for the cops to see in to see what you are doing.. The lights are for other vehicles safety. I would guess that you wont make very long with the lights changed... Will be good to see how long you make it without getting a ticket... Keep us informed

Both are illegal either way & how would a white led be any less safe than an amber led? It'd still alert people to "WATCH THE **** OUT!!!", which really isn't needed too much to show that a wide vehicle is coming through as much as the front side markers which show the vehicle's actual width. I doubt the cops around here would give me any issue at all on this, just like people were saying the lit SVT logo would cause cops to pull them over when that never happened.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

So no information on the actual LED size or which type to go with, just law school?

Big Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Window tint is a fix it ticket and not something I normally pull someone over for unless there are other violations. No Cats.... Really? You went there? That's between you and whoever you have to deal with come emissions time (if that's an issue in your state).

As was stated prior, changing the mandated color of your grill marker lights is a vehicle safety issue which directly effects the safety of the motoring public, it's a clear vehicle code violation and I'd pull any vehicle I see with non amber marker lights over in a second.

Not saying don't do it but you should realize what you're getting in to and coming in here askingr about mods that are blatantly illegal with several cops who are members, you should expect people to advise of the legality as many don't realize some of the things they do are illegal and will end up causing them headaches.

And you have a ****** attitude... But of course, you're aware of that I'm sure. You should work on that.

~BGM

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHYUMAD

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just go and say then that it's AN OFF-ROAD ONLY vehicle, so anybody know what type of replacement bulbs to use? Thanks.

Last edited:

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just go and say then that it's AN OFF-ROAD ONLY vehicle, so anybody know what type of replacement bulbs to use? Thanks.

No law school here just good information for you to do what you want to with... You seem smart enough to figure this out without my help......