CLOSED: SVT Engineers Roundtable: 07/24/10 - Chat Live with SVT Engineering!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a very common subject on Raptor forums...

Please comment on the 3 detents as noted by Four Wheeler magazine (below). Why are they there? What issues might there be if Raptor owners take advantage of these detents and adjust their front suspension?

Four Wheeler Mag wrote:

Level It Out

Like all factory pickups, the Raptor comes from the factory with a nose-down or "stink bug" stance. For those who don't plan on loading up the bed, we think that a leveled Raptor would be more appealing from a styling standpoint, as well as a functional one as it would increase the approach angle. As we were examining the cut-away of the front Fox shocks, we noticed a curious "manufacturing artifact." Hidden behind the spring perch appears to be a little present left by the team at Fox Racing Shox. Shown here by the arrows, the factory Raptor shocks have three detents with a wire clip. We surmise that you could level out the Raptor without ever taking the shocks off the truck. All you would need is a coil spring compressor and some common hand tools. The middle detent appears to be enough to level the Raptor, while the second one is there for those who want a nose-high stance. Now, you are on your own if you make the mod and we can't vouch for any warranty claims, but the option appears to be there. Thanks Fox!

129_0912_08_z+2010_ford_f150_svt_raptor+shocks_wire_clip.jpg

Foreigner

Reaction score
X2 "MagicMtnDan: What issues might there be if Raptor owners take advantage of these detents and adjust their front suspension?"

DSC000495.jpg
DSC000510.jpg
DSC000519.jpg

AndyR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 - I'm just about to pull the trigger on moving up one detent and would like to know too (for sure, as opposed to my cousins brother who said....)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SYNC is an excellent product!

Assuming Ford's not going to upgrade SYNC to provide enhanced NAV features for us offroaders, any chance Ford will help us by providing information that would enable some enterprising geeks/aftermarket company to "hack" it?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you talk about the problem with the microphone in the SYNC system? Some of us have had to go to our dealers who have installed external microphones (which disabled the stock mike location in the mirror). I have to go back again as my 2nd external mike isn't working. Could you tell us why the microphone in the mirror isn't replaced if it stops working? (I don't like how the external mike is glued on to the headliner)

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When we turn on the headlights manually the instrument panel lights don't come on. They only turn on when the dash-mounted sensor knows it's dark out. Is there a reason the driver isn't able to turn on the IP lights with the headlights?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard that Homelink is in other F-150s and it was supposed to be available in the Raptor but, as you know, it's "missing" for 2010 MY. Will it be available in 2011 and beyond?

FlounderStalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Jimmy Buffet wrote, "It's 11 O'clock somewhere!" What time zone are you guys in - I've been sittin' here for an hour and a half?

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As Jimmy Buffet wrote, "It's 11 O'clock somewhere!" What time zone are you guys in - I've been sittin' here for an hour and a half?

The notice at the top of the page says, "Chat Live with SVT Engineers Saturday July 24th, 10am-12pm Pacific"

Please wait another 1/2 hour for the start

Status
Not open for further replies.