CLOSED: SVT Engineers Roundtable: 07/24/10 - Chat Live with SVT Engineering!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our wheels are designed to meet many different requirements that include ultimate strength and fatique. We also make sure that the wheel has the correct stiffness and modal response so that the truck will steer, handle, and be as quiet as possible for the life of the truck. Some aftermarket wheels do not.
As a follow up question to this: were the wheels that come with the Raptor designed especially for the stresses a Raptor is expected to endure? Did they undergo any special testing, above and beyond that of those wheels that come on standard F150 models?

SVTEngineers

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Speaking of Anza-Borrego, we want to drive the "test loop" you guys (and gals) drove the Raptors on. Can you or someone at Ford help us find it (GPS coordinates? Directions?) so we can run it?

We use many of the area's of the large park, but I think that there was a story that had the route that we used for media event last year. I can not remember the magazine though.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Follow up to the Fox Shox question:

Do any of the Ford ESP agreements extend the warranty of the Fox shocks?

(I'm a big fan of Fox shocks... I'm not personally concerned at all about their quality but there has been a lot of "misinformation" posted (like claims that the standard warranty is 100,000 miles) I just want to get the straight story.)

SVTEngineers

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Follow up to the Fox Shox question:

Do any of the Ford ESP agreements extend the warranty of the Fox shocks?

(I'm a big fan of Fox shocks... I'm not personally concerned at all about their quality but there has been a lot of "misinformation" posted (like claims that the standard warranty is 100,000 miles) I just want to get the straight story.)

I do not know, but would expect that it would. Standard warranty for all Ford Cars and trucks is the 3/36 for all parts (except Powertrain based parts) including the Fox Shocks.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
Is there a feature (driveline, interior, etc) that you would have liked to see on the Raptor that did not make production or could not be accommodated?

BentToast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since the 5.4 liter engine has been discontinued for the 2011 MY F150, what engine(s) will the 2011 Raptor have, or just the 6.2?

SVTEngineers

Ford Professional
Reaction score
X2 "MagicMtnDan: What issues might there be if Raptor owners take advantage of these detents and adjust their front suspension?"

DSC000495.jpg
DSC000510.jpg
It all depends on what you want to do with it. Using the detents would raise the front ride height of the truck and would give you more jounce travel, but take away rebound travel. This would really change how the truck rides and handles on and offroad especially when taking in consideration how we tuned the bypass shocks and how they ramp up damping force. This would also potentially void the warranty.

SVTEngineers

Ford Professional
Reaction score
Is there a feature (driveline, interior, etc) that you would have liked to see on the Raptor that did not make production or could not be accommodated?

Being crazy engineers and performance enthusiests ourselves there are a lot, but when you look at the truck compared to anything else out there, this truck is really unique and has tremendous capability. We are really very happy with what we were able to put into production.

Status
Not open for further replies.