SDHQ rear cantilever & sprung under system....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You guys do some amazing work! If only I had the money.

Thanks! Keep saving!

thats a pretty bad ass set up. hows the sprung under set up coming along??? pics???

Quite good! We are tooling up for the sprung under parts to be able to sell over the counter.

No review???

It works great! If it didn't we wouldn't build it and offer it!

That looks sick.

:peace:

I'm sure that will be put in his build thread when he gets a chance... That is of course if he ever stops driving the thing! I know it would be hard for me if I lived out there and had that truck...

Jake got a chance to take it out over the weekend and will be picking it up this Saturday for more abuse!

did you lose any up travel?

No, you are gaining!

Please excuse my noob question, but what is the advantage of this set-up over normal leafs and shocks? Looks sweet though!!!

On Jake's truck there are two different things going on (well actually more than two.. ha) You have the sprung under kit, this consist of new leaf springs, shackles, brakelines & axle mounts. This brings the spring mounting to under the axles and give you more wheel travel. With this set up you are able to get 16"+ of wheel travel. To use this wheel travel you will have to run a different shock set up ie: a bed cage or a cantilever set up. Since we did not want to loose bed space we use a cantilever.

Not knocking the feat of engineering that this kit is, but to me it is similar to putting air bumps on a horse and carriage. If you are going to do that much re-engineering, why not do a double triangulated 4-link? :confused:

Not at all like adding bumps on a carriage. We are seeing a clean 16.5" of clean usable controllable travel. A 3 or 4 link will involve loosing most of your bed area, the need for a fuel cell (that won't pass emissions most places) and a good amount of more money.

Jake Y.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah they used my truck as the test bed. There's some more pics and some impressions in my build thread. I'm stoked! Sodrty, no loss of up-travel, but man please post some pics of your truck! I want to see that thing in more detail.

Vanilla- It lets me get travel numbers like i'm running shocks through the bed and a bedcage, but still keep the bed (i race mx from time to time so i wanted to keep the utility).

IoN6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not at all like adding bumps on a carriage. We are seeing a clean 16.5" of clean usable controllable travel. A 3 or 4 link will involve loosing most of your bed area, the need for a fuel cell (that won't pass emissions most places) and a good amount of more money.

I don't know about "most" of the bed area. Slightly more than what is already been done to the truck to fit the spares. And anyone that is going to drop the coin on a mod like that is highly unlikely to care about the cargo capacity. Same goes for street legality.

Again, the craftsmanship and engineering behind it are stellar. IMHO however, a lot more could have been done given the level of modification required.

Also, "clean usable controllable"? As opposed to...? I am also slightly confused on the full bump pic. I see what looks like a single leaf stack, and the full droop has what looks to be at least a 6 leaf pack.

sodrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am also slightly confused on the full bump pic. I see what looks like a single leaf stack, and the full droop has what looks to be at least a 6 leaf pack.

In order to properly cycle the suspension, you would only use the main spring, this allows you to move the suspension to full bump without the leaf spring trying to push the vehicle up.

vanilla_gorilla

FRF Addict
Reaction score
On Jake's truck there are two different things going on (well actually more than two.. ha) You have the sprung under kit, this consist of new leaf springs, shackles, brakelines & axle mounts. This brings the spring mounting to under the axles and give you more wheel travel. With this set up you are able to get 16"+ of wheel travel. To use this wheel travel you will have to run a different shock set up ie: a bed cage or a cantilever set up. Since we did not want to loose bed space we use a cantilever.

AH HA...got it...sweet set up!!!

OP
OP
SDHQ

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know about "most" of the bed area. Slightly more than what is already been done to the truck to fit the spares. And anyone that is going to drop the coin on a mod like that is highly unlikely to care about the cargo capacity. Same goes for street legality.

Again, the craftsmanship and engineering behind it are stellar. IMHO however, a lot more could have been done given the level of modification required.

Also, "clean usable controllable"? As opposed to...? I am also slightly confused on the full bump pic. I see what looks like a single leaf stack, and the full droop has what looks to be at least a 6 leaf pack.

This customer cares about cargo and about street legality. With this set up he can still load his quad up and hit the desert once he removes the spares. With a 4-link he would not have the load capacity nor the room. With a fuel cell he would not be able to pass smog here in AZ. So that means he would not be able to renew his license plate.

Clean usable travel as opposed to fluffed travel numbers that are often advertised by companies that are touting their metal to metal numbers not usable travel. The 16.5" of travel that this truck is getting is all usable and the motion ratio of the shock is correct.