EBOV VTA done right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Seems to be a pretty blatant attempt to convince someone to lose the warranty on their new trucks?

Lose their warranty? Give me proof of someone losing their warranty from 2011-present. Otherwise, you can back down and stop misleading ecoboost owners.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sasquatch77 - hiding behind the MGD user moniker now, said;

I know you are a smart person

Second, can you find me one single owner that lost a warranty because of the weep hole? Seriously, find me one. Also, you do realize that it is not a 'sanctioned Ford fix' ONLY because it is not in compliance with the EPA, right?

and then later:
See how stupid your demand is? Of course the weep hole fix won't be Ford sanctioned on Ford letterhead. You are an idiot to not connect the dots there.

Lots of smart people here on FRF, lots of smart Gen 2 owners. Show of hands:

How many of us have implemented sasquatch77’s recommended weep hole drilling into the CAC?

Anyone?

Bueller?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Lose their warranty? Give me proof of someone losing their warranty from 2011-present. Otherwise, you can back down and stop misleading ecoboost owners.

asked and answered several times now. Move along.

Now you’re circling back to the warranty denial issue. this has been dealt with already - asked, and answered. I’ve confirmed with the mechanic at my local dealer - drill the CAC, lose your warranty on affected powertrain parts. What is hard for you to understand about this?

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Sasquatch77 - hiding behind the MGD user moniker now, said;

and then later:

Lots of smart people here on FRF, lots of smart Gen 2 owners. Show of hands:

How many of us have implemented sasquatch77’s recommended weep hole drilling into the CAC?

Anyone?

Bueller?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

asked and answered several times now. Move along.

Not really - you have NEVER found a denied warranty!! You are not helping anyone with your small mind. Find me one and this conversation will be over.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Now you’re circling back to the warranty denial issue. this has been dealt with already - asked, and answered. I’ve confirmed with the mechanic at my local dealer - drill the CAC, lose your warranty on affected powertrain parts. What is hard for you to understand about this?

So, why do you continue to troll the Gen 2 subforms with what seems to be a pretty blatant attempt to convince someone to lose the warranty on their new trucks?

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
A few things - the 3.5 ecoboost has been around since 2011 (2010 - other platforms), and those owners fought through the problems to generate the weep hole fix themselves. With all the people that did that over the years, not one person has had a warranty denied for it. The Gen 2 of the ecoboost still retains the same design as the Gen 1, but the 15+ (15/16 still part of Gen 1) got the active shutters in front of the intercooler. This was to mimic the block off plate TSB that sort of worked on a previous Ford attempt to fix. These owners still had misfires and the rule of thumb on the ecoboost is to just drill the holes to prevent any potential misfire issues. This was really the problem that plagued the engine... Nevermind the high risk cam phaser failures. So, with all that, over all these years, no warranty denials. Plus, you have a bit happier ownership experience. A side benefit is that your plugs are not fouling and you will have increased mpg, plus not need to change plugs as often (get maybe 50k-60k miles compared to 30k miles). So, no negatives with this. I am very surprised that many here can't wrap their brains around this. It really is simple, and very beneficial to you. The aftermarket warns about water buildup in the intercooler, and has designs to get it out (VTA BOV, intercoolers with the weep hole already in it). Be open minded and think it through... I am trying to help, not push people to something bad. It is definitely a change in mindset for the turbo crowd that is used to other little turbo cars.

Post your credentials as someone who has personal knowledge of a warranty claim in the entire US on the entire line of F150’s you referenced never being denied and I’ll reapond with kudos to Ford for not being a ****** company and realizing this ridiculous mod you are so fond of has absolutely no bearing on what brought a Ford to the shop in the first place. In the end, you’re missing my point. Ford would rather cover the repair than **** off a customer and challenge the mod.

Now with that in mind, go away!

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Not really - you have NEVER found a denied warranty!! You are not helping anyone with your small mind. Find me one and this conversation will be over.

On the flip side, find a case where someone did the mod and had a warranty repair related to the mod. I’ll wait for your response with a particular case.

All you’re doing is blowing smoke.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
So, why do you continue to troll the Gen 2 subforms with what seems to be a pretty blatant attempt to convince someone to lose the warranty on their new trucks?

Why would they lose warranty? You talked to an imaginary Ford tech who thinks it might void warranty. So what. One data point. What do you have to say for there never being a recorded case of voided warranty due to the weep hole? Seriously, show proof or stop arguing about it. It is a valid fix for 2010+ ecoboost engines with proven experience. I am surprised at you stubborn childish behavior in not addressing any kind of research for yourself. You must believe the world is flat, and that every global tragedy is a hoax or conspiracy. You may want to address this next time you visit your therapist.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Post your credentials as someone who has personal knowledge of a warranty claim in the entire US on the entire line of F150’s you referenced never being denied and I’ll reapond with kudos to Ford for not being a ****** company and realizing this ridiculous mod you are so fond of has absolutely no bearing on what brought a Ford to the shop in the first place. In the end, you’re missing my point. Ford would rather cover the repair than **** off a customer and challenge the mod.

Now with that in mind, go away!

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

On the flip side, find a case where someone did the mod and had a warranty repair related to the mod. I’ll wait for your response with a particular case.

All you’re doing is blowing smoke.

Sure - have a look at the other F150 forums and look at the ecoboost areas. You will find the weep hole data plus, you will find how far back it goes. If you are feeling especially inquisitive, just ask the question there. The larger group of ecoboost owners have adopted this. Many were as stubborn as this smaller group here, but they finally came around.

Once this modis done, there are no more problems in that particular system. Folks have had cam phaser warranty work, trans cooler work, steering work... All in that general vicinity and no dealer mentioned it. Even when cooling issues were addressed, no dealer denied any warranty. The intercooler was never questioned.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Why would they lose warranty? You talked to an imaginary Ford tech who thinks it might void warranty. So what. One data point. What do you have to say for there never being a recorded case of voided warranty due to the weep hole? Seriously, show proof or stop arguing about it. It is a valid fix for 2010+ ecoboost engines with proven experience. I am surprised at you stubborn childish behavior in not addressing any kind of research for yourself. You must believe the world is flat, and that every global tragedy is a hoax or conspiracy. You may want to address this next time you visit your therapist.

have you ever actually READ the magnuson moss act?

I'm guessing not.

let me break this down for you...

If you modify a part, then have a failure, if said failure can be correlated to the modification, your warranty is void for those failed parts.

I am pretty certain that the billion dollars worth of engineering salaries that Ford pays for on a yearly basis are far more qualified to determine a "fix" for a behavior than you are.

this whole debate makes me want to tell you to get back under your bridge and leave the rest of us alone. Take the hint: your opinion, while welcomed just the same as anyone else's, is certainly not valued on this topic as evidenced by the responses to it.

OP
OP
R

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do i spend so much money on pressure testing high HP intercoolers for racecars if drilling a hole in them has no negative affects? And why do I spend 70$ per intercooler pipe clamp for wiggins clamps on our racecars if a leak in the system isn't a bad thing?

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Sure - have a look at the other F150 forums and look at the ecoboost areas. You will find the weep hole data plus, you will find how far back it goes. If you are feeling especially inquisitive, just ask the question there. The larger group of ecoboost owners have adopted this. Many were as stubborn as this smaller group here, but they finally came around.

Once this modis done, there are no more problems in that particular system. Folks have had cam phaser warranty work, trans cooler work, steering work... All in that general vicinity and no dealer mentioned it. Even when cooling issues were addressed, no dealer denied any warranty. The intercooler was never questioned.

And I’m waiting for your credentials as to how you know a warranty has NEVER been denied for this mod. And credentials aren’t acquired from reading posts on an F150 forum.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why do i spend so much money on pressure testing high HP intercoolers for racecars if drilling a hole in them has no negative affects? And why do I spend 70$ per intercooler pipe clamp for wiggins clamps on our racecars if a leak in the system isn't a bad thing?

I've said the same thing. Anyone buying into the weep hole idea CLEARLY has never spent hours pressure testing their system to try to track down a pesky boost leak