What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Threw my squadrons behind the grille. Still have to wire them up. Interested to see how much light the redesigned grille knocks out. So wiring and some adjustments will be getting done in the next few days. Thanks @Specialtyperformanceparts
View attachment 451449

Looks GREAT!!

We just picked up our 2024 37 Pkg today, so we will have new options on that new bumper real soon!

John

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks GREAT!!

We just picked up our 2024 37 Pkg today, so we will have new options on that new bumper real soon!

John
Thanks! A low profile bumper bar for a light setup would be nice. I don’t live in a bad part of town but with only the 6 bolt points on the modular bumper is kinda sketchy. Someone could be off with a bar full of lights in 5 minutes. Maybe offer some security hardware that would fit into the bumper nutserts if you do a bumper bar? @Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks! A low profile bumper bar for a light setup would be nice. I don’t live in a bad part of town but with only the 6 bolt points on the modular bumper is kinda sketchy. Someone could be off with a bar full of lights in 5 minutes. Maybe offer some security hardware that would fit into the bumper nutserts if you do a bumper bar? @Specialtyperformanceparts

Yeah, that’s the plan.
We have our bumper mounts for the 40” light bars and cross mounts which I need to look and see on the back side if they will
Still work as well. After all, the old bumper still comes on the non 37/R and those will still work. So if the bolt pattern on the back is the same (which I doubt) it would there too.
So I think one thing I will bring out is like I have for the Bronco-

And Maybe this-

But I think an adaptation for the 40” light bar like we have for the other bumper but from those mount points. As far as those Star bolts. There is a replacement Security type. So you could replace those bolts-

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Obligatory, did not happen today but a few days ago. Installed the Bak Revovler X4ts on my Raptor just in time for a hockey tournament this rainy weekend.

Going to be adding chase lights and a rack to the t-slots in the near future.

View attachment 451579View attachment 451580
Looks great! I love those. Those are a great option when you want a hard cover that doesn’t fold and block the back window, and also need one that doesn’t have a container that takes up part of the inside of the truck bed.

John

77Raptor

Reaction score
Obligatory, did not happen today but a few days ago. Installed the Bak Revovler X4ts on my Raptor just in time for a hockey tournament this rainy weekend.

Going to be adding chase lights and a rack to the t-slots in the near future.
View attachment 451580
I have the Retrax MXPro or whatever the plastic cover is with the T-slots. It's a great cover, but I didn't know there was a Bak Revolver option with the T-slots at the time otherwise I'd have gone that route instead. I was wondering if you could answer two questions for me on this cover you have:

1. Is there any kind of rattle that comes from the cover when it's unrolled and you're driving down the road? My Retrax rattles (even on relatively smooth roads) and when I open the sliding rear window to let fresh air in, it's really annoying to listen to that.

2. Do you know how big/what the diameter of the cover is when rolled up?

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
I have the Retrax MXPro or whatever the plastic cover is with the T-slots. It's a great cover, but I didn't know there was a Bak Revolver option with the T-slots at the time otherwise I'd have gone that route instead. I was wondering if you could answer two questions for me on this cover you have:

1. Is there any kind of rattle that comes from the cover when it's unrolled and you're driving down the road? My Retrax rattles (even on relatively smooth roads) and when I open the sliding rear window to let fresh air in, it's really annoying to listen to that.

2. Do you know how big/what the diameter of the cover is when rolled up?

Bak just released this cover so right place right time for me as I had the retrax in my cart.

1. No rattle that I can hear with my rear window open. I had soft tonneau that slapped a bit at higher speeds. There’s an aluminum claw that grabs the sides and holds them in place so I suspect that helps.

2. ~ 9”

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Looks great! I love those. Those are a great option when you want a hard cover that doesn’t fold and block the back window, and also need one that doesn’t have a container that takes up part of the inside of the truck bed.

John
So far it’s an awesome cover. Install was easy peasy. Going add some pods to the front of the t slots as chase lights soon. I show this near the end of my video.

77Raptor

Reaction score
Bak just released this cover so right place right time for me as I had the retrax in my cart.

1. No rattle that I can hear with my rear window open. I had soft tonneau that slapped a bit at higher speeds. There’s an aluminum claw that grabs the sides and holds them in place so I suspect that helps.

2. ~ 9”
Thanks for the answers. And I just watched your video. Nice work! Glad to hear that it doesn't rattle or anything. Two more questions for you, if I may?

1. The cover is either all the way open or all the way closed, right? There's no way to open it part way and have it stay in place?

2. The side tracks/rails look like they extend into the bed area quite a bit. In your opinion, do you think you could still fit an ATV in the bed between the rails?

Waterfowler41

Reaction score
Thanks for the answers. And I just watched your video. Nice work! Glad to hear that it doesn't rattle or anything. Two more questions for you, if I may?

1. The cover is either all the way open or all the way closed, right? There's no way to open it part way and have it stay in place?

2. The side tracks/rails look like they extend into the bed area quite a bit. In your opinion, do you think you could still fit an ATV in the bed between the rails?
1. Correct, open or closed.

2. Side rails extend 2.5” from the bedside edge. 57.5” between the rails, no idea how wide your atv is but that’s what you have to fit between.