Rust where bed contacts rear frame???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the local dealership, pictures taken and they had to send them for approval to repair under warranty, the truck is two months old with 3,000 miles, LOL!

Update: I called today and they are going to fix the rust, bumper, etc. under warranty. Taking it in tomorrow and should be done by the next day. Apparently this is a common issue according to the service guy!

While i was also there i showed him the pathetic factory spray in bed liner job and still awaiting approval for repair. The service guy said the problem is going to be how to fix it, LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_3005.jpg
    IMG_3005.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3008.jpg
    IMG_3008.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 71

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Droped mine at the dealer yesterday, they are removing my A.D.D bumper and the hitch. Repainting the hitch,fixing the bed rust & the rust where the spare tire hits the metal. Pluss useing sound dampening rubber adheasive tape to fix the peelin duct tape issue thats rotting our rockers.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mine doesn't touch, but I do see some rust back there. I'll try to take a picture later today and when I bring it in for my next oil change I'll have them fix it for me. Thanks for the heads up @Jetskimobile1 !

OP
OP
Jetskimobile1

Jetskimobile1

Reaction score
I looked at several new and used Raptors after I saw the rust on mine. Most new ones on the lots had rust already, some used ones had gaps and no rust. It was like they got sloppier with assembly in 13.

More info on the tape sealing the rockers?
I had wondered about covering the holes better. is this something the dealer should do to protect it long term or is there something that will stick better than the factory tape?

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Duct tape fix

I looked at several new and used Raptors after I saw the rust on mine. Most new ones on the lots had rust already, some used ones had gaps and no rust. It was like they got sloppier with assembly in 13.

More info on the tape sealing the rockers?
I had wondered about covering the holes better. is this something the dealer should do to protect it long term or is there something that will stick better than the factory tape?

The body shop guy at the dealer showed me the product he would use to cover the hole's after they remove the duct tape and clean the area around the hole's. It's called sound dampening material , as I stated in above post. It's a thick rubber, with a peel off adheasive back. Looks like it's a better product to me.

Last edited:

ALDABRAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked mine up today, they fixed the rust, moved the bumper brackets, and adjusted my bumper so it is straight and even now!

I Must admit the wash job was fantastic at pick up, the truck look superior to when i took delivery from another dealership a few months ago!

Attachments

• IMG_4326.jpg
    IMG_4326.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_4331.jpg
    IMG_4331.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After showing mine to a local dealership, they took some pics and got approval to fix. Will be dropping off in a few days so they can bring it to a body shop. Rust was showing prior to a 100 miles.

Edit: I'm dealing with a small Ford dealership that doesn't have their own paint bay...

Last edited:

Bussy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They will adjust the bumper and drop to allow the 1/8" gap as well as paint where the frame and bed have rubbed. Simple effort, but as others have posted...I'd rather have it done by Ford through warranty.