Dash Mount Frame - Cracked?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hopkintj

Reaction score
Has anyone ever come across this at all?

Today I was installing my new Viofo A229 Pro dashcam and routing the hardwire connection down the the fusebox in the passenger footwell. Popped the panels off here to route the wire and discovered this massive gap in the dash support frame.
My truck hasn’t been abused off-road, in an accident or anything that would logically cause this. Took possession of the truck in September 2023.

It’s into the dealer on Wednesday for them to look at it. I am assuming this is going to be a lengthy replacement.

Dashcam install went well otherwise haha.

Attachments

• camphoto_1297389768.jpeg
    camphoto_1297389768.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 75
  • camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    219 KB · Views: 76

NJ2020

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever have A/C issues (evap freezing over)? That section does come out with the dash, so maybe it was dropped when they removed the dash for the evap / sensor.

OP
OP
hopkintj

hopkintj

Reaction score
Did you buy it new?
Yes, I did buy it new in September 2023.

Did you ever have A/C issues (evap freezing over)? That section does come out with the dash, so maybe it was dropped when they removed the dash for the evap / sensor.
None - has been in for a single oil change service since I have had it and that's it.

OP
OP
hopkintj

hopkintj

Reaction score
Update: Just got a call from the dealership. The assumption is this happened at the factory - though it is impossible to say with definite certainty since this panel was only just pulled off for the first time. That said, everything is covered under warranty and it is apparently only a 2-hour job to swap this part out.

Will have to wait a few weeks for the part to ship up to Northern Alberta from the States to complete the repair - but so far there doesn't seem to be any issues moving forward with the repair.