Rear suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last video for tonight. If you fast forward to about a minute, you’ll see a small pull. 3rd gear up to about 4750 then a shift into 4th under torque. Smooth and quick.

Continue to watch and you’ll see me hit a large pot hole.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have tail gate extenders? I used to hear a thud on big speed bumps and it was my tail gate extenders not being completely stowed. The pin wasn't all the way engaged

mashtastic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the parking brake cable supposed to be above the leaf? Mine is below.
How many miles? Could it be transfer case mount?

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got pretty frustrated with this Friday evening. The noise was considerably harder to hear. On Friday, temps got up to around 70 degrees. Warmest it's been, but we had a warm few days end of last week. Rubber softens up when it is warm, so this makes me think it's some kind of rubber mount that's failing. Logic says body mounts for the cab. I did call SDHQ about their strike plates. They said that their strike plates are designed to work with factory bump stops. Sales rep who sold them said that I have to use after market bump stops if I put deavers on. I don't know what the shit to believe now. Yeah, I will one day put the KHC bump stop kit on with fox shock absorber, but wasn't my plan right now. If it's the bump stops hitting then why don't I hear it on the driver side????

I'll keep after it.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm at 95K miles. I'll do some zip tying the E-Brake cable and make sure that's not it. Worth a shot.
Mentioned this on post #4..lol
Thought you checked this already!

Is it something you hear or feel?
If you have the tailgate with the step and stripper pole, take the tailgate off and go for a drive.. mine is ***** and makes a ton of noise from years of desert vibration..lol

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can feel the noise. I had the truck on the lift last week and looked at the brake cable. That's not it. It's much more pronounced if that makes sense. I'm in the process of changing body mounts now to rule that out. This has gotten stupid. I'm going to be into it for $1200 just for the stupid body mounts.

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd put that $1200 towards bump stops instead! You said you checked the leaf/shackle bolts, how about the rear shock mounting bolts? I missed torquing one of those and elongated a top mount hole (giggity)...