Rear suspension noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m hearing a clunk or thud when I hit a moderate or larger bump. It sure sounds like rear left. I’ve had it in a shop looking for what’s going on to no avail.

I have fix 3.0 by pass shocks. Some say the shocks make noise. If it was the shocks, I would think I hear it on both sides. The shocks have maybe 3000 miles on them after rebuild.

Recently installed Deaver +3’s with drop shackles. We have double checked all of the nuts and they are tight.

Running RPG traction bars. Nothing looks wrong there.

I already removed the dampening weight.

No ball or hitch of any sort

I thought maybe a body mount, but those are cab only correct? From what I gather, the bed is mounted solid to chassis with the 6 bed bolts.

I’m running out of ideas. I could check the nitrogen charge in the shocks. I have a gauge that goes to 200 psi. With the small charge they hold, will I compromise checking the pressure? I did find a local guy at the airport that could help me recharge them if needed.

No spare tire underneath and mounting hardware was removed.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

W0n70n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check your rear driveshaft and see if it's actually the driveshaft clunk and not a shock, if you have one stuff a GoPro under there and reproduce the conditions that lead to the noise and see if you can visually see anything moving around.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a knock off go pro and magnetic base. Knock off because if it does fall off, I'm not out a $300 camera. Shows to arrive 1/31. I will report back with my findings.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its hard to guess what it could be without hearing the noise firsthand....There are so many things it could be!
Check to see if the emergency brake cable is slapping the newly installed Deavers.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I have this on both sides of the back of my truck when the suspension compresses. My shocks need replaced and I haven't lubed my shaft in a while. I'm a bad raptor owner.

OP
OP
B

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CleverGirl_ A lubed shaft is a good shaft. That’s all that I’m going to say.

Camera showed up today but not the magnetic mount. A trip to Walmart and a cheap purchase of a magnetic base for a cb antenna and a few quick tweaks and I should be ready to get some video tomorrow.

I’ll be back with videos/sound

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about that weird metal block thats known to get loosebetween the frame and the bed

Ya know...when you dont use a lubed shaft?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ordered a knock off go pro and magnetic base. Knock off because if it does fall off, I'm not out a $300 camera. Shows to arrive 1/31. I will report back with my findings.
Wow, I sure wouldn't want to lose $300 on something. Here's an out of the box idea: can you strap something virtually worthless like a teenager down there instead?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter