ADD Pro Rear Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I bought an ADD Pro Rear bumper from Facebook, it is not the bolt on version. I’ll have to remove the entire bumper/ hitch assembly and make exhaust dump over the axel.
I don’t care about not having a hitch but do not like the idea of not having a rear recovery point. Does anyone else have this type of bumper and if so any thoughts/ suggestions on rear recovery?

I guess it’s the rear bumper version of the ADD frame cut front bumper that requires one to cut off the front frame horns. There’s minor trimming of the lower hitch mount required for the rear bumper.The ADD site doesn’t show the bed being dovetailed, but would probably would look better if it was.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Pictures of the bumper?

I went with the SVC dovetail. It has a hitch so I can run a Factor55 and soft shackles. SVC said I can tow with it but I have the OBS for truck stuff.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I would definitely dovetail the bed. Very similar to the SVC bumper. Surprised they didn't add a hitch.

You can always go to a local welding shop and have something custom made. An eyelet welded to a plate or box then bolted onto the frame would work. I had that done on my CJ7 back in the day.

OP
OP
Sig Fanboy

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a local 4X4 fab shop today. They gave me an estimate of $3200.00 to dove tail the bed and make a hitch. Thanks… but no thanks.
I’ll likely try dovetailing the bed myself. I’ll talk to the welding shop I use for my business about a hitch. KHC now wants $600.00 + shipping for their high clearance exhaust. $700.00 for two short tail pipes seems pretty high, I’ll probably eventually get their system, but just gonna do some Autozone exhaust fabrication for now.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I still need to address my exhaust. Summer got away from me so it's still running straight. Neednt8 at least throw on some dumps. And yes, the KHC kit is expensive for what it is and why I haven't gotten them myself.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Your welding shop should be able to fab up some type of eyelet for a few hundred. 1/4" steel plate from the bumper mount to the frame. Grade 8 hardware so it is removable. Then you can run a soft shackle when needed.

20231012_080950.jpg