Rust where bed contacts rear frame???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue but only on the passenger side. My service rep said she took pictures and sent it off to get approved by Ford but I have yet to hear anything back. I called and left a message today but does it usually take 3 or 4 days to hear back from Ford?

@fordservice

No. I waited in the lobby while my dealer got approval. It took about an hour once they took the pictures.

R1jamn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The service techs should be able to get approval the same day or within a couple of days.

3 to 4 days????

This is really an easy fix for any dealership. They shouldn't even need an approval. They should fix it then bill Ford Motor Co.
Here is the issue though. The dealership will get paid peanuts from Ford Motor Co.
Your dealership is using the strategy that you will just give up and go away.

This is an easy fix for any do-it-yourself types.
It's not difficult at all if you have some tools and a torque wrench.

Loosen six bolts and the bumper will drop down and you can sand away the rust and prime and spray paint with Rust-Oleum.
You do not need to remove the entire bumper.

d.p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my SA today, she called me back and told me it was approved but couldn't tell me why nobody called me to tell me. Said its take 2 days but my local Ford doesn't do loaners which is a departure for me.

At the end of the day I am ok with it.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... I called and left a message today but does it usually take 3 or 4 days to hear back from Ford?

@fordservice

I called my SA today, she called me back and told me it was approved but couldn't tell me why nobody called me to tell me. Said its take 2 days but my local Ford doesn't do loaners which is a departure for me.

At the end of the day I am ok with it.

I'm glad to hear that this is resolved now, d.p. If you need any assistance in the future, don't hesitate to reach out.

Crystal

GoHerd2000

Reaction score
No. I waited in the lobby while my dealer got approval. It took about an hour once they took the pictures.

That's good service.
I can't get my Service Manager to call me back much less take the initiative to get this issue fixed.
They submitted the pics, got denied, had the service tech call me and delivery the news, and washed their hands of it.
Same place I bought the truck too.

/kicks rocks
//goes looking for a new service department