Rust where bed contacts rear frame???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The issue with the rockers is they are Rotting from the inside out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetskimobile1

Jetskimobile1

Reaction score
I emailed pictures to the service manager at my dealership since I am out of town this week and they feel it is a warranty issue and will address as soon as I bring it to them. I actually have thought about getting the hitch itself linex coated while it is off. The paint on it is crappy and some welds have no paint on them.

I stopped by a dealership today I passed and a new raptor on the lot had the same rust issue. Another I saw had a gap and no rust. Just poor assembly. This is the first Ford I have owned and this isn't starting out well. second guessing sometimes trading in my 09 Z06 on the Raptor.

Now to hear about rocker panels rotting out is not good news either

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '13 is touching too and has a small amount of discoloration...Gald I saw this thread and caught it early! Thanks! Guess I know what I'll be working on after work tomorrow!

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I emailed pictures to the service manager at my dealership since I am out of town this week and they feel it is a warranty issue and will address as soon as I bring it to them...

Be sure to keep us posted, Jetskimobile1. If you need help from my neck of the woods, just send a PM with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll get to work on this.

Crystal

Ingot SVT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just checked my 2013 raptor bumper and sure enough it is just starting to discolor. just a quick adjustment and problem solved.

TXRPTOR37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checked my 2013. Rust on the driver side. Forgot to snap pics. Will go back out shortly and post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished cleaning, treating and touching up the paint on mine. I also sprayed the area well with Corrosion-X to help protect and scrapes I may have missed! I used the Amsoil HD spray all over the underside of my truck when I first got it, and I still have very little rust anywhere...Really happy with that product!

OP
OP
Jetskimobile1

Jetskimobile1

Reaction score
Talked to Amanda at Cavalier Ford today and Ford says it is covered and does not need prior approval to fix. Only issue is Cavalier does not have a body shop so they referred me to Freedom ford. I have an appointment with them to take it by tomorrow for them to do an estimate and schedule the repair.

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Mine is not touching ,but starting to discolor, rockers are ok. One thing That is a rusty spot is where the spare tires rubs under the bed. Drop your spare and check it out. I'm geting it fixed asap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter