Rough idle then dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is already a thread that covers this I appologize. I accelerated on the freeway to get around someone and then began losing power. Pulled off the freeway and the truck died on the offramp. Started back up and limped another block to the office where it died again. No check engine light on. It starts, has very rough idle, then dies. Any thoughts? Checked fuse 27 and it's fine...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try looking at the air filter or the intake sensor on the tube. Good luck! Ruby, your up!!

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did re-oil my k&n the other day. I'll check the sensor. Thanks for the suggestion

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did re-oil my k&n the other day. I'll check the sensor. Thanks for the suggestion
that was my initial thought. something to do with the intake. with the issues i had at ghost town run, mine never set off a light either. recently at rocfest i had an issue and finally triggered a light.

OP
OP
Geo_Tactical

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see anything obvious with the sensor. Limped it to the dealership. Hopefully I'll get some news tomorrow.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My bet is the MAS is coated with oil from the filter. If you put it on just a little too heavy or it wasn't completely dry before you drove it that's exactly what it will do. I only know because it happened to me :crazy: You can't really see the oil on the sensor so it's hard to tell. After I cleaned mine with MAFS cleaner it's went back to normal. Sorry I didn't see this thread yesterday to comment sooner but I was dealing with my own truck related issues lol.