6.2 slight engine knock and rough idle.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Sweet. I cant justify any of it. Either...the Rap is Procharged, D1SC. The Hearse is built to about 650 at the crank, and going to do some forced induction when I rebuild the '06
Go for it. 5.4s hold up great under FI from what I’ve read as long as the oil pump gears are upgraded. If you do end up going for a new engine, I’d buy the old one and use it for a project I have in mind.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m wanting to just know what the change is between the heads on the Rap and F250? I know the cam profile is different but haven’t heard anything about the heads. I’m new to 6.2s, and I’ve only done 5.4s before this. I did research before buying my raptor as to whether the engine could be swapped with a f250 in the event mine failed. All I ever saw mentioned was cams and intake.
The heads are the same between the two applications. The only difference is the cams.

If OP is going to reuse the original intake manifold, it’s critical that the original engine is torn down to inspect for top end damage. If there is damage to the cylinder walls and pistons that resulted in metal debris, DO NOT reuse the original intake.

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
The heads are the same between the two applications. The only difference is the cams.

If OP is going to reuse the original intake manifold, it’s critical that the original engine is torn down to inspect for top end damage. If there is damage to the cylinder walls and pistons that resulted in metal debris, DO NOT reuse the original intake.
Sweet. That what I’d read but I wasn’t sure. Dawgs hopefully could pick up a f250 6.2 and swap in new cams and HOPEFULLY his original raptor intake.

chipw

Reaction score
James Schofield is building me an engine right now. New block, pistons, rods, springs etc. He's reusing my existing heads. Hes only 3 hours from me in Birmingham Al. Despite that, he's done engines for several SVC and expedition offroad guys. If you need or want a new engine built with the best parts by someone who knows racing inside and out, check James out. Especially if your in the southeast USA. he's been a pleasure to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter