Lost power and running rough help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I took my truck out for a cruise and it suddenly lost power. It didn’t die but went down to about 30% power and now sounds like garbage. I’m 3 hours from home which really stinks.
I pulled out of my neighborhood and did not get on it because the truck was still warming up. I drove less than a mile and then it started shuttering and lost power. No lights on the dash, no codes on my Cobb tuner, no smoke, no smells. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_7337.mov
    11.8 MB

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance a hose from the turbo charger has blown off, burst or is loose? You should be able to hear the charged air escaping if you open the hood and check the hoses.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance a hose from the turbo charger has blown off, burst or is loose? You should be able to hear the charged air escaping if you open the hood and check the hoses.
Thanks. Just checked all the hoses and tubes, everything looked good.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If the oil level is good, start with something simple. clean shutdown, power off. Remove the battery for a few and reconnect and retry.

I was thinking misfire, but you said no codes on the tuner.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RMB helped me troubleshoot it over the phone. The crankshaft balancer is shot which likely means damage to the rest of the internals. I’ll post another video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter