Starting issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phoenix0783

Reaction score
Went to the gas station this morning, filled up, then truck wouldn't start. It would crank fine. After the third try it started be ran very rough and erratically at about 400 rpm. Turned it off. Started again, same thing. Gave it some gas pedal and it started running fine if I didn't let it go back to idle. Drove home. Shut off and started multiple times just fine. Took intake off and MAF looked fine and so did throttle body. Seems fine now. Any thoughts? Looks like throttle body, TPS, and IAC are all one unit. Should I replace them? Fuel pump or filter?

2011, 6.2, crew cab, 235,000 miles. Fuse 27 has been done.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Just a though there, maybe some bad gas (water) if you were low enough before you filled up? After filling and driving a bit you're on good gas now?

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Instances like this are hard to diagnose. Could have been just an isolated issue with fuel system and/or ignition system. Until it's repeatable, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

CessnaDriver

Reaction score
Check your vapor canister purge valve. My 2012 had starting issues after filling up, didn’t throw any codes. Swapped it out and the problem was gone. It’s like a $25-50 part, took only a few minutes to do.