Intermittent Limp Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JacobA1

Reaction score
Hey y’all, so I have a 2013 Roush Raptor 6.2L 126k miles.
I’m having an intermittent limp mode issues and am at a loss. It started in December and it was accompanied with p2107. Very random at first then started to become more common. In March I started actually diving into it. After checking wires, cleaning the throttle body, maf, and all electrical connections I replaced the throttle body with a new one from Roush. Everything was great no codes. I also got the pcm update recall fixed (for the transmission recall) and the pcm was reflashed with the Roush tune. I continued driving and it was still good. A total of about 400 miles in a month. Yesterday on my way to work it went into limp mode again and the check engine light came on. The p2107 code came back as well as U0100, U0401-81, B00A0-09, B00A0-68, U0140, U0155, U0452, U0131, U0101, B00A0-97, and U0294. I cycled ignition and wrench light went away but the check engine light stayed on. I then got it back home no issues and checked the codes same codes. Went to work in another vehicle, came home and no codes. I’m at a loss, any help would greatly be appreciated, thank you.

Replaced with new:
Spark plugs
Coil packs
Plug wires
Throttle body
PCV valve
Canister purge valve
Air filter
Maf
TPS
Fuse 27 relocation done

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More than likely it’s the throttle body. Modern throttle actuator control systems are extremely sensitive to any deviance in the signals between the TAC motor and PCM. I would swap on an OEM one and re-evaluate.

OP
OP
J

JacobA1

Reaction score
This truck left the Ford factory and went straight to Roush where it was supercharged and known as a “factory Roush”, it’s serialized. Since it’s Roush (supercharged) the “oem standard” is the Roush throttle body a twin 60mm throttle body directly from the Roush supercharger kit. A regular 6.2l throttle body won’t fit, it’s a single 65mm throttle body.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This truck left the Ford factory and went straight to Roush where it was supercharged and known as a “factory Roush”, it’s serialized. Since it’s Roush (supercharged) the “oem standard” is the Roush throttle body a twin 60mm throttle body directly from the Roush supercharger kit. A regular 6.2l throttle body won’t fit, it’s a single 65mm throttle body.
It’s serialized by Roush; that is unrelated to Ford/OEM. If you run the VIN in OASIS it will come up as a standard production Raptor, same with the parts catalog. So essentially you’re at the mercy of Roush’s replacement throttle bodies since a factory one can’t be swapped on for testing. Have you tried reaching out to Roush for support? They should at least be able to tell you if they’ve seen issues with their ETB and that DTC.