Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
CSmith, I thought there was another kit we needed to get to reccomended specs in most cases where we have gone to mid perch

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for this thread, I purchased the cam kit last night

Sent using Tapatalk

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need 2 kits from the link I provided. It's a camber kit and a caster kit. Those should be just fine to get you in the correct specs.

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
CSmith thank you. 2 (of the same) kits ordered. Still hoping for some idea on what direction to give the shop

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Make sure that the cam kits are installed really tight and continue to check them. They tend to back out.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need to give them any direction. Tell them you simply want an alignment and this camber and caster kit put on with it. If they don't know how to put it on they shouldn't be a shop, period. Make sure you get a spec sheet of the alignment of course also.

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

-0.6 to 1 on both sides would be ideal if they can get that. a little over one shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if my dealer is already oblivious to mid perch can I take it in for my free alignment the first time and they should be able to do it without these correct?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 12951

I got two SPC cam kits for $69 (4 total) with free shipping. Why not and worth it to me.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if my dealer is already oblivious to mid perch can I take it in for my free alignment the first time and they should be able to do it without these correct?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

The alignment can be done without the kit, but the shop doing the alignment may prefer you have a kit before they adjust camber or caster.

Mid Perch done
I go to the alignment shop and ask for??? An alignment...right I get that...
Is there something I can tell them to help them get it right?
Any insight is appreciated.

Tell them you want a 4 wheel alignment so that thrust angle can be measured and figured when setting the steering wheel.
Keep specs around
Caster 4.0 degrees
Camber .-3 degrees
And total toe .20 degrees
Those should be doable at mid perch
And like treypal suggested, get the lower control arm bolts TIGHT and make it a point to check them when going over the truck for other maintenance.