Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you expand on why it isn't great? Is it the caster?

Caster amount is "ok" at 3.8 left and 3.6 right but you really want higher caster on the right side to correct for road crown instead of having more on the left side (if your going to give the vehicle cross caster). With .2 degrees difference in the raptor it's really not as noticeable and most likely won't cause a pull, but in reality its not proper.

Camber is at negative .7* which is about .2* more negative than I like to set a vehicles camber. In my experience anything over .6* negative camber will develop inside tire wear over time.

Total toe looks ok but individual toe is .14 on the left and .05 on the right which almost makes it look like its correcting for some thrust angle that the print out isn't showing. Or the steering wheel might be slightly off center, or something is slightly bent or worn out.

RhodyRaptor

Reaction score
Alignment Issue

My 2012 SCrew has been pulling to the left so I took it in for an alignment at the dealer's truck center. I get a call from the SA telling me the caster (sp?) and camber is so far off that he can't align it properly without installing a cam bolt kit from Ford. Obviously this isn't a lot of information to go on but does it sound legit? I've never heard of needing any kind of additional parts installed for an alignment before.

Thanks

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i've heard a few guys having this problem after going to mid and top perch i was a lucky one when i did my top perch and they were able to get the alignment done without any alignment cam kit! i personally dont like the cam kits cause i've seen too many fail bend and move in off road situations so please be aware when doing the cam kit!

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
i've heard a few guys having this problem after going to mid and top perch i was a lucky one when i did my top perch and they were able to get the alignment done without any alignment cam kit! i personally dont like the cam kits cause i've seen too many fail bend and move in off road situations so please be aware when doing the cam kit!
The cam kit does not change the range of alignment, but it makes it easier and it will hold an alignment better.

The cam kits are very dependent on the tech tightening them correctly with the right amount of weight on the wheels. If tightened correctly, the bolt cannot move as it mechanically engaged with the mating washer which is connected mechanically with a pin in the frame. Without the kit, the only thing preventing it from moving is friction between the washers and the frame.

FLYING BONES

Reaction score
I go to the alignment shop and I ask for???

Mid Perch done
I go to the alignment shop and ask for??? An alignment...right I get that...
Is there something I can tell them to help them get it right?
Any insight is appreciated.

CSmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on a camber and caster kit so it will help them with the alignment. If they are not retarded they should know how to do it from there. Just ask for a simple alignment.