YJ and RW move to NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chris just got his Raptor, Joe and Nicole are moving to the east coast, apparently there is some good beaches to drive on and an off road park.

Lets plan it!!!

Can we make it July 27th, somewhere near Oak Island??

I'm going to need directions... I'm new to the area, lol...

We don't even have a place to live out there yet, hahaha...

Raptors attending:
1. Night Raptor Yukon and Raptorwifey
2. Freedom Motorsports clkelly
3. Silver Raptor ?
4. gr82bautvol and WhichyWoman
5. Duke240
6. RLTW
8. wolfnnc
9. Solomite
10. Charlstonboy

Where: Fort Fisher Recreational Area

When: Saturday July 27th

Time: morning / noon time

Radio Frequency: GLRE1 or Snow1 (151.820)

For friday night, we will meet at the Leaky Tiki for some ice cream and RW and I will be heading to ******* Jacks for dinner.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course I am in. I am putting us down for the weekend of July 25th-28th for being at Oak Island North Carolina. A little info about Oak Island though, the meet should probably take place at the off road park at Kure Beach North Carolina. Oak Island will NOT allow vehicles on the beach and it is also a VERY small town type of place with very little in the way of restaurants and stuff for the kiddies.

OP
OP
Yukon Joe

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Of course I am in. I am putting us down for the weekend of July 25th-28th for being at Oak Island North Carolina. A little info about Oak Island though, the meet should probably take place at the off road park at Kure Beach North Carolina. Oak Island will NOT allow vehicles on the beach and it is also a VERY small town type of place with very little in the way of restaurants and stuff for the kiddies.
We are in for that weekend!

I thought maybe you had buried treasure on our mind?
Canadians have buried treasure???
Hahaha

Yukon Joe
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oak Island is In NC. It is South of South Port and directly West of Bald Head Island...

Hatteras and Corolla have good beaches to drive on as well...Tons of folks in the summer and traffic is a pain in the ass. NC is cracking down on beach driving and requiring permits that can run $100.

Corolla is free to drive...It is about 13 miles of beach and goes to the VA boarder...again lots of people and rules...

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

We are in for that weekend!

Canadians have buried treasure???
Hahaha

Yukon Joe
RPG and WSI present The South Dakota Buffalo Run - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

Kure Beach is much closer...never been there...

FYI:
Can I drive my vehicle onto the Kure Beach strand?

Categories

Kure Beach does not allow any vehicles on its beach strand except approved Town vehicles for the purpose of beach clean-up and emergency personnel. You can contact the following beaches which allow 4-wheel drive vehicles in designated areas for a fee:

Freeman Park in Carolina Beach 910-458-2994
Fort Fisher State Recreation Area 910-458-5798

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OUTSTANDING Information Fred! You are exactly right as well. A LOT of Beach communities in NC have stopped driving on the beach sue to erosion and disturbing wildlife. I know that on Oak Island they have Sea turtle nesting areas that they also want to preserve.

Another website about the sea turtles that my mom put together:
New Page 1