Just Flew From Seattle to Chicago to Pick Up a 2014 Gen1 and Drive Back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KingSVTRaptor

Reaction score
I was on the hunt for a while but was able to strike a deal the week before last on a 2014 Gen1. After having it taken to the local Ford dealer for a PPI, a buddy of mine and I hopped on a plane and flew across country to close the deal and drive back. We arrived in Chicago on Thursday, picked the truck up Thursday night and booked a hotel room to get some rest. After waking up and getting some breakfast we hit the road at about 10am and drove 12 hours +/- to Kadoka, SD. The next day we got up at about 7am and took the drive to Mount Rushmore to check it out. After checking that out, we hit the road and drove the 17 hours it took us to get back to the Seattle area.

The truck drove flawlessly for the whole 2k+ miles we drove it. It felt a little bit floaty for the first few miles but that subsided once I got used to the suspension and steering feel. It could also be due to the truck needing a new set of tires. I purchased the kit to do the fuse 27 swap and will be changing all of the fluids over the next week or so. Are there any Raptor meets scheduled any time soon in the PNW?

Attachments

• IMG_0720.jpg
    IMG_0720.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg