Official Raptor R PPF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m looking to possibly install XPEL Stealth to my Raptor R when I pick it up within the next week or so.

I wanted to get everyone’s feedback regarding their overall experience/preference with the product and if you guys think it’s worth the money?

I’ve been quoted 7k for the XPEL stealth and another 1500 to ceramic coat it.

What are your thoughts?
Do it! What color is it?

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid about $10k for Prestige Clear Guard Alpha film and Modesta ceramic. That was a few years ago, so I don’t know what the hot products are currently, but I’m sure my guy uses them. It’s been over four years, and everything is holding up really well. Water still beads aggressively like it was just waxed. And the PPF has saved me from more than a few scratches. I think it’s worth the money if you can swing it.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the ceramic coat yourself after it is wrapped, Not real tough and will save you 1000-2000K.
Does the wrap (which is vinyl right?) need to be ceramic coated, or even waxed? It’s not paint with a clear coat right?

Rated R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I typically do the front in PPF and wherever the wheels can shrapnel the paint.

jamie140

Reaction score
I will share this cautionary tale. During the summer, I daily one of my Boxster Spyders. It's a short trip that includes about 3 miles on an 8 lane expressway.

Unbeknownst to me, the asphalt had been freshly milled and I was in heavy traffic moving about 120. There was no escape and the front of my beautiful baby was treated to a heartbreaking gravel sandblasting before I could exit.

I had foolishly not installed ppf anywhere.

Never again.

Last edited: