Official Raptor R PPF Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPMRaptorGen3

Reaction score
You do not need to wax a vinyl film. With that being said, you should Ceramic coat it if you have the know how or money to pay someone professionally. If not, at a bare minimum use a spray sealant after your washes to keep it protected from fading as well as adding hydrophobic properties. I’m a professional detailer in so cal (Orange County) and would recommend Ceramic if you can swing it.

Just picked up my Gen 3 and can’t wait to get it out on the dirt!

racebannon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Properly installed PPF should last much longer than 3-4 years.

2. Shops charging that much money for ceramic on top of PPF are taking you for a ride. Surprised they’re not just including it as part of the job.

Anyone have pics of an agate black gen 3 in satin PPF you’d like to share? Thanks.

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the color of your R makes a difference. The dark colors have the most noticeable change, the light colors it is more subtle.

Cocles

Reaction score
This is very helpful. So which one do you prefer?

I preferred how my car looks with the Llumar as I prefer the matte texture over the velvety-satin look of the Xpel.

Cost wasn't a deciding factor, but I did save money with the Lumar as I didn't need to ceramic it, and I can confirm it's just as hydrophobic as ceramic'd Xpel, because that's what I've also had on the car.

In really low incandescent light, the Llumar might be more true to color, but it was subtle.

They're both good products. Xpel I think has a lot better marketing, so it's more popular (google Llumar ppf and an ad for Xpel shows up). I think it just comes down to personal taste on what type matte you want, traditional or more velvety-satin.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like wrap PPF needs to disassemble the truck like door handles etc. Would you mind they do this on the brand new truck? I’m concerning they won’t reinstall at the same quality as Ford does…

poofyo101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you just not like the look of the matte? Or is there another reason you say not to do the stealth?
I prefer matte cars to stay matte and gloss cars to stay gloss. Just personal preference. Have a matte black g63 which is xpel stealth but all my other cars are just xpels normal product

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stealth all the way, especially on White. Also, stealth is not Matte; it's a satin finish. I have Stek on my GTS and prefer Xpel.