Wtf is this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mach'er

Reaction score
Ford systems will (or at least used to) do this even with LDW 'Off' if you're wandering, if the vehicle is equipped with the LDW system.

There's a sensitivity setting on a car we used to drive, and I'd purposely set it, and the collision warning, to sensative when my wife was going to drive, and she'd get annoyed at how frequently the car yelled at her. I silently found it amusing. She didn't find it as funny when I told her after a few weeks.

Yes, still married.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
that's gotta be the dumbest sh** i've ever seen. some of the "tech" is just ridiculous and annoying.

honestly, who comes up with this crap?

As many people die each year from fatigue/falling asleep at the wheel as drunk driving each year. It's not ridiculous.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many people die each year from fatigue/falling asleep at the wheel as drunk driving each year. It's not ridiculous.

i highly doubt this idiot light will do anything to prevent people from falling asleep. it will just annoy them and everyone will disable it.

now, if there was a camera watching the driver and it noticed you dozing off and vibrated the steering wheel, THAT might actually be useful.

but hey, ford loves it's useless tech (or non-permanently-able-to-be-disabled tech) that undermines all it's really good/cool tech. i have much less of it on my gt500, but it's still annoying.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i highly doubt this idiot light will do anything to prevent people from falling asleep. it will just annoy them and everyone will disable it.

now, if there was a camera watching the driver and it noticed you dozing off and vibrated the steering wheel, THAT might actually be useful.

but hey, ford loves it's useless tech (or non-permanently-able-to-be-disabled tech) that undermines all it's really good/cool tech. i have much less of it on my gt500, but it's still annoying.

Ford already did that in the Tech package. Not only does it vibrate the wheel, it will nudge you back into your lane.

lightman02

Reaction score
I was testing the LDW assist and took my hands off the steering wheel just to see it auto steer a bit better. After a few seconds a message will pop up, saying to "keep hands on the wheel". I was like, what!!!!

OP
OP
B

boss301

Reaction score
Yup. My EVOX had that stuff. I haven't seen it yet in my Raptor. I love how it says rest now... then there's an image of coffee... like if you drink coffee that is considered rest and that your driving fatigue will just automatically go away. Also why are you driving in 4A on the highway... is there snow?
It was raining. It has a lot of power and it spins a lot in 2A

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

It means your other half is not a very good driver and you need to pull her driving privileges on the Raptor.

You have LDW on. She basically went to the point LDW kicked in multiple times to correct steering input that the system suspected the driver may be impaired.

And yes I dare you to say it to her face.
Honestly we were coming from a party...... :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dafuq is "LDW"????

I have LKA (Lane Keep Assist) on my truck, but never heard of LDW...