WTF 1week Old 37 Avalanche and rear end all rusted from factory.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was happening to new trucks even back in 2019 with Ford...when I was looking for a truck it was an article I read about, new ford trucks and rust already...saw lots of articles in it back then. Crazy it's still an issue

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think it tells us they have plenty of these rear ends and they are sitting outside in weather and sunlight. Installed, they are shaded and out of the elements more often.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Be careful adding these coatings. Most of these coatings seal the surface and must be maintained scratch free. If a scratch or chip occurs and left untreated, it sets up a corrosion cell and worse Underfilm corrosion. It starts at a chip or scratch and corrodes under the coating like worm tracks undetected. A penetrating corrosion inhibitor is all you need.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The time to bark about copious amounts of rust on your truck is before you sign for it, not after you drive if off the lot. This is not new, Jen Juan owners barked about it, Jen Too owners whined about it and now Jen Tres.

Previously discussed methods to control it have all been used.

IF you get delivery and the truck is “covered in rust” you need to raise that concern to the dealer before signing anything. A number of Jen Too buyers did this and their selling dealer cleaned the undercarriage up before the deal was completed. Even though the Jen Too was -what, $25k less expensive, it was still expensive for the era so we were pretty ticked off to be picking up trucks “covered in rust” too... At least until someone with a cooler head here on FRF talked us all down by pointing out it’s just surface rust.

Zybane

Reaction score
So no prep work needed? It basically seals in the stuff that's already there and prevents new stuff from occurring...is that how it works?

You can take a wire brush to the surface rust but I don't think it will do much work. The spray does all the work.