WTF 1week Old 37 Avalanche and rear end all rusted from factory.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah man that is definitely just surface rust, none the less you want it coated/protected. I would have the dealer remove it and have a professional remove surface rust, and POR15 it. Obviously the factory coating sucks balls so I wouldn’t want another one. POR15 will last MUCH longer.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand when ppl say dont let the dealer touch it.

I am mostly anti-dealer but when there is a warranty in place that covers bump to bump I like free work.
Because it’s not the dealers truck so they will never take as good as care or be as meticulous with it as the owner would.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn.

Well to be fair, I had the Custom truck shop down the street do my radiator, coolant, belts, thermostat housing, thermostat, diff/trans/t-case lol

Fine - down with the Dealers.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think warranty covers surface rust like this
Correct. Ford has released service messages regarding this.

I don’t know why they aren’t dipping or at least sufficiently spraying these axles during production, but it’s only cosmetic, it’s not going to rust through.

I’m thinking of going over my ‘19 with some flat black POR-15.

riv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct. Ford has released service messages regarding this.

I don’t know why they aren’t dipping or at least sufficiently spraying these axles during production, but it’s only cosmetic, it’s not going to rust through.

I’m thinking of going over my ‘19 with some flat black POR-15.
what does the service message say?