Wtb road legal fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple shots of my install. BD Racers on the inside, BD Pro Driving in the middle and Rigid SAE Fogs on the outside. I had to cut the Rigid brackets to get the fogs high enough and then cantilever them off the end of the NFAB mounting plate to get them far enough to the outside. I did that by just mounting the left side of the light to the right side of the bracket. Fortunately the Rigid brackets are stout enough that they'll work that way without any vibration. This way the lights are evenly spaced and none of the lights interfere with the beam patterns of the others. I can stand about 6' in front of the truck and see the full lenses of both the middle and outer pairs. The spots are a bit close to the inside, but they should have a narrow enough beam that the bumper won't interfere with their beam pattern.

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

Those sure seem kinda far back in the bumper to me

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except for the spots, they're farther forward than they look. The fogs are just about touching the edge of the bumper and the BDs in the middle are only about an inch away.

I set the spots farther back so that they don't interfere with the BD pros next to them. Since the racer spots only have a 4° beam spread, they should be able to be pretty far back without any problem. In fact I thought about turning the bracket back around on those so that they would be essentially flush with the middle lights.

I still need to go out and adjust them, so I'll see if I can get some decent photos of the beam patterns and brightness.

Last edited:

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nick.

BTW, as far as the fog lights go, I can't really comment on their output since it was still light when I got them hooked up yesterday, but I can confirm that they don't produce any glare for oncoming traffic. As you lower your line of vision, the truck's low beams will begin producing glare before the fogs do, and that's exactly what you want with fog lights.

The Bajas, on the other hand - well, you don't want to look directly at those for too long.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the spots, they're farther forward than they look. The fogs are just about touching the edge of the bumper and the BDs in the middle are only about an inch away.

I set the spots farther back so that they don't interfere with the BD pros next to them. Since the racer spots only have a 4° beam spread, they should be able to be pretty far back without any problem. In fact I thought about turning the bracket back around on those so that they would be essentially flush with the middle lights.

I still need to go out and adjust them, so I'll see if I can get some decent photos of the beam patterns and brightness.

I've got the bd ultimate set up and love them. I'm sure you'll be pretty happy.

https://imgur.com/SL6g4ex

TMart

Reaction score

Great set-up. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, it would be really helpful to see the beam patterns. This concept is exactly what I was thinking about, but not sure how to implement.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Your best bet is to use the switches that have the closest amp rating to the load your putting on them.

AUX 1: 15A
AUX 2: 15A
AUX 3: 10A
AUX 4: 10A
AUX 5: 5A
AUX 6: 5A

Say you're wiring up only two Rigid Dually lights, they have less than 5A draw, so put those on switch 5 or 6. This way, you leave the larger amp switches open for larger loads down the line.

Let me know if I can help out a setup together for you!

When does your new truck arrive?
Thanks. This is really helpful. Dealer said truck is supposed to be built in October. DORA scheduled date sayss 9/14/17 - not sure if that means anything?

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Great set-up. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, it would be really helpful to see the beam patterns. This concept is exactly what I was thinking about, but not sure how to implement.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Thanks. This is really helpful. Dealer said truck is supposed to be built in October. DORA scheduled date sayss 9/14/17 - not sure if that means anything?

Awesome! That doesn't sound like too long of a wait!