Wrecked.... :(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ****** part of this is trying to get body parts and suspension components from Ford. Hopefully it's gotten better since the Gen1's. Back about 5 years ago a guy with more money then sense wrecked his during a Raptor Run near me. He assumed it was totaled so he went and stroked a check for another one. Well it turned out that the insurance determined that the wrecked one was repairable but it took about 4 months to get replacement parts.

D

Deleted member 12951

I think anytime it goes through insurance it goes on car fax, I don't think you have the choice.

Not true. I had my frame replaced through insurance, cost over $20k after all said and done. It is NOT on car fax. :)

Granted there was not another vehicle involved, just a bad jump so perhaps that might make a difference but anything is negotiable. Carfax pays insurance and shops to get that data, pay to have it not go on Carfax for more than what they get, things happen.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Got nailed by a girl trying to beat a yellow light.... Hit dead square on the left front tire... Had the truck for less time than I had it on order. Had it towed to best shop I knew who said frame is both bent and pinched and the roof is twisted in addition to all the front end damage... Insurance decided that it's still repairable (shop said no effing way) so they towed it to another place that claims they can repair it. I get the sad feeling i'm about to end up with a very expensive POS that i'll never be able to trade or sell... Insurance refuses to give me adjusted value compensation stating that it's other driver's fault. Her insurance refuses to accept liability b/c there were no witnesses and it's he said/she said even though she TOLD the cops that she was trying to beat the yellow..... Grrrrrr just needed to rant. :(

First and foremost, let me express my gratitude that you’re ok enough to type the above rant. It must be incredibly frustrating to go through this, but be thankful you weren’t driving a Leaf or a prius, or you’d be having a different rant, likely from the hospital. Be thankful you’re not looking at a long term or permanent disability.

I have a very high tolerance for speeding, even somewhat aggressive lane changing, but my tolerance drops significantly for red light runners, and drivers under the influence and cell yakking drivers.

I was almost t ***** like you describe in the late 90’s, it was memorable because of how long after the red this knucklehead came sailing through. I was stopped at a red, to turn left on a divided 4 lane hwy. The light was frequently busy and notoriously ill timed. I waited through an entire song on the radio. It was early, before dawn. I wasn’t watching the other direction for their yellow, and was changing radio stations. looked up - hey - green light. I was not in a hurry, nobody behind me so I clutched, shifted to first and just began to let the clutch out and inch forward when the red light runner zoomed past me at speed. Light had been green for seconds my way.

I hope you are recovered soon, wish you minimal difficulty with insurance and hope you’re back on the road soon.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Reminds me of learning to drive in Las Vegas, it was the 5 car rule, light turns green and you wasn't for 5 cars to run it then you would go. That was back in 95 but I'm sure it hasn't changed much there.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Carfax and autocheck were clean when I went to sell it. I think accidents where a police report is filed are the ones that end up on a carfax.

This is a correct statement. Auto check and carfax only register accident hits based on whether or not a police report was made.

torrin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a correct statement. Auto check and carfax only register accident hits based on whether or not a police report was made.

Not true, insurance companies report all claims to car fax (I don't know about auto check). If you bork your truck and fix it yourself, it will not show up, don't ask me how I know.... (There might have been a police report)

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
The ex-cop in me says maybe he was going straight on yellow and she was turning left on yellow?
Always give a witness a way to minimize their involvement so they will admit the truth. [emoji48]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The “trying to beat a yellow light” statement definitely peaks my interest in both vehicle’s direction of travel and how he could argue that as being the sole reason for the collision. If she was trying to beat the yellow and turned left in front of him, she failed to yield right of way and would be cited for that and deemed unit 1 on a crash report. But he only said she was trying to beat a yellow, which leads me to believe he failed to yield right of way and pulled out in front of her assuming she was gonna stop at a yellow light. So OP, explain the situation.

Boost_it638

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain, wrapped the front passengers side around a telephone pole 2 weeks ago with 8000 miles on it. Insurance company sent it to a ford certified shop to do the work. They ordered a new frame and a bunch of other parts....$25500 for the repair. They said since there aren't any used or aftermarket parts to get they just order everything new from ford. Witch is probably a good thing. They also can't pull bent aluminum back cause it'll just crack. Get a life time warranty on all the work though.

Attachments

• 20180106_153646.jpg
    20180106_153646.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20180117_081420.jpg
    20180117_081420.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20180117_081358.jpg
    20180117_081358.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 117
  • 20180117_081431.jpg
    20180117_081431.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 124
  • 20180117_081404.jpg
    20180117_081404.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 116

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not true, insurance companies report all claims to car fax (I don't know about auto check). If you bork your truck and fix it yourself, it will not show up, don't ask me how I know.... (There might have been a police report)

Not true. I was in 2 accidents. Had a clean car fax and auto check when I sold the car. The first insurance company was USAA and the second I think was Mercury. They never reported any accident. Neither did the repair shop. Police were not called for either accident.

Obviously some insurances report accidents but it's definitely not guaranteed. If someone involved calls the police and they file a report then I think it definitely ends up on carfax.

Last edited: