Witnessed 2017 in person, cancelled order shortly after.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that nothing around here has changed.

This forum should be called, "IH8TTV6sound"

i2yc4hcsxu.jpg

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will probably be like the 5.4's, eventually they'd cut out the v6 option due to lack of interest and they'll become the black sheep of the gen2 world when it comes to resale. In my opinion if Ford didn't have plans for a v8 they would have come out and said so, they know it's money out of their pocket if people are waiting for something that will never exist.

They've said it on more than a few occasions on various videos, tweets, etc. They could be lying or they could decide at some point to release a V8 later because the market demands it. So far the market is unanimously stating they want the new Raptor with a V6TT. Try and get one if you haven't already ordered.

Until the market changes there's no reason for Ford to do anything but produce what they designed.

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They've said it on more than a few occasions on various videos, tweets, etc. They could be lying or they could decide at some point to release a V8 later because the market demands it. So far the market is unanimously stating they want the new Raptor with a V6TT. Try and get one if you haven't already ordered.

Until the market changes there's no reason for Ford to do anything but produce what they designed.

I doubt the market is "stating they want the new Raptor with a V6TT". Rather, some people want a new Raptor and have to live with the fact that it's a V6. The latest and "greatest" crowd will always repeat the marketing slogans to justify the "greatest" determination. A quick call to many of the vendors on this forum will have a Gen1 vastly outperforming the Gen2. Stock to stock? Yeah, sure, it's got unadjustable 3.0's. But anyone arguing over bragging rights won't stay stock for long. So, what you're left with is a discussion regarding V6 vs V8; same as it ever was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt the market is "stating they want the new Raptor with a V6TT". Rather, some people want a new Raptor and have to live with the fact that it's a V6. The latest and "greatest" crowd will always repeat the marketing slogans to justify the "greatest" determination. A quick call to many of the vendors on this forum will have a Gen1 vastly outperforming the Gen2. Stock to stock? Yeah, sure, it's got unadjustable 3.0's. But anyone arguing over bragging rights won't stay stock for long. So, what you're left with is a discussion regarding V6 vs V8; same as it ever was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are saying the same thing. Let me put it this way...the market is certainly not saying it doesn't want the new Raptor.

Not having a V8 option isn't stopping me from buying one, and it obviously is not stopping a lot of people.

And as far as stock versus modified, outside of the forums most people leave their vehicles stock, even Raptor owners. Modified versus modified, we will have to wait and see. Just a tune to the Ecoboosts are yielding crazy results. Absolute peak horsepower?...sure you're probably going to do better with a bigger motor, but at some point it just becomes a number game versus a need game.

Its all good in my book. Loved my G1 and I'm sure I'll love my G2. If I don't, it's really easy for me to swap over to a new SD so I literally have nothing to be concerned about.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good work on your first post....maybe a 5.0 king ranch is more your style;)

marilynsride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Plenty. Just look at the TQ curves between the 6.2 and the HO 3.5.

you are missing the point, when you are blasting through the desert, the suspension more than anything is going to determine how fast you go

Kenneth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Made my X5 I6 turbo sound decent, I'm sure they'll come out with something for the Raptor.

Sounds horrible to my ears.

I'll be hanging on to my '14 until I die.

Nothing... And I mean nothing... Sounds as good as a middle finger to CAFE regs and the Eco-friendly forum bourgeoise....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYYLbHDiie/

But let's continue condemn V8s and V12s. It makes complete sense, ya know... How 16 ships create as much pollution as all the cars in the world | Daily Mail Online

So ******* sad. And while so many other companies (Dodge, for one) are celebrating big motors before they have to go, Ford decides to tie their hands behind their own back, giving us, 90% of their client base, the middle finger. Thank you Ford.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds horrible to my ears.

I'll be hanging on to my '14 until I die.

Nothing... And I mean nothing... Sounds as good as a middle finger to CAFE regs and the Eco-friendly forum bourgeoise....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYYLbHDiie/

But let's continue condemn V8s and V12s. It makes complete sense, ya know... How 16 ships create as much pollution as all the cars in the world | Daily Mail Online

So ******* sad. And while so many other companies (Dodge, for one) are celebrating big motors before they have to go, Ford decides to tie their hands behind their own back, giving us, 90% of their client base, the middle finger. Thank you Ford.

We all have the opportunity to speak with our wallet, I have a Gen 2 ordered because I either have bad ears or just don't give a shit about sound because it don't bother me a bit. That being said I loved the Gen 1 and would have owned it if I was in a financial position to at the time and couldn't be more excited to have a Gen 2... V6 and all!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc