Witnessed 2017 in person, cancelled order shortly after.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rg991708

Reaction score
Had an opportunity to see the new 2017 in person. I just cannot do it. I cannot honestly purchase a Raptor with a V6 in it. The exhaust reminded me of my 1994 Ford Explorer V6. Just cannot live with that for the price. Completely different than what I was expecting.

Got my deposit back and now time to search for a 2014!

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the exhaust go "woo woooo" or something?

wooani.gif~c200

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had an opportunity to see the new 2017 in person. I just cannot do it. I cannot honestly purchase a Raptor with a V6 in it. The exhaust reminded me of my 1994 Ford Explorer V6. Just cannot live with that for the price. Completely different than what I was expecting.

I agree. Just doesn't do it for me like my 2014 Gen1 did. I mean, they look ok, but that engine?

I'm gonna hold out for the TTV8 coming soon. That's gonna be a game changer......

Until then, I'm gonna just do cool shit in my Raptor that I can actually drive!!!

IMG_2402.jpg

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Just doesn't do it for me like my 2014 Gen1 did. I mean, they look ok, but that engine?

I'm gonna hold out for the TTV8 coming soon. That's gonna be a game changer......

Until then, I'm gonna just do cool shit in my Raptor that I can actually drive!!!

I haven't been following the gen 2's much. Are they really going to produce a v8 version? Or is that just a rumor?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for your honest review. :win:

Last edited: