Multiple catalytic converter failures in multiple vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know. I’m from Colorado. Lived there until 05’. The mtn west is gettting all the locust from CA and their liberal garbage….that they moved away from. I’d still like to return.
Colorado has changed a lot since '05. We now rival California for stupid woke idiocy. Solidly progressive and getting worse every day. We're getting closer and closer to repealing TABOR which could be the last straw for me.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Colorado has changed a lot since '05. We now rival California for stupid woke idiocy. Solidly progressive and getting worse every day. We're getting closer and closer to repealing TABOR which could be the last straw for me.
Well, independents heard up us on HH. That was a big win and now they know the Dem’s are lairs.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are getting lower quality fuel. I use ethanol free 93 and I have noticed a lot more condensation coming from tail pipes. When you leak water from your tail pipes constantly, you have shit fuel!
Not true, that is condensation. A little known fact is, water is a byproduct of combustion. The pipes are cold which acts as a heat exchanger condensing the water vapor.
Some of the condensed water lays in low places and has to get up too 212 degrees before you vaporize it. Normally the hot exhaust will absorb it. But at idle, your pipes cool again.

Last edited:

Raptured22

Reaction score
Not true, that is condensation. A little known fact is, water is a byproduct of combustion. The pipes are cold which acts as a heat exchanger condensing the water vapor.
Some of the condensed water lays in low places and has to get up too 212 degrees before you vaporize it. Normally the hot exhaust will absorb it. But at idle, your pipes cool again.
I understand that some condensation is normal but I have been seeing more than normal this past year.

Raptured22

Reaction score
this is 100% false. The exhaust had drip holes as water is a byproduct of combustion.
As I replied before, I understand that condensation is normal, but I did say "water dripping constantly", which I believe is not normal. I'm seeing more than normal and I still stand by my comment that fuel quality has dropped.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One thing local refiners do is raise the vapor pressure of the gasoline in the winter. They add more lower price hydrocarbons to increase margins. It could lower the btu value decreasing performance and mileage, but no extra water.
Water and gasoline do not mix well. If you had water, it would cause many performance issues, like ruff running, stalling and hard starting.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What most people don’t know is most gasoline base is the same. They just add their branded additives and many of the additives are the same. There are only a couple additives manufacturers and the big one is Exxon. There are not nearly as many refiners as there are gasoline brands.
In my area, about 80% of the gasoline is via a pipeline from Texas. When the truckers fill, they fill for a certain brand and get that additive.
If you do ever get water, you will know. I suggest changing stations to prove us right.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I replied before, I understand that condensation is normal, but I did say "water dripping constantly", which I believe is not normal. I'm seeing more than normal and I still stand by my comment that fuel quality has dropped.
You may believe it, but the following article is consistent with several others with not stating water dripping from the tailpipe is evidence of bad gas.

Too much water in the gas tank is evidenced by the car not running well (or at all). If you have some proof I'd love to see it