Wiring a backlit light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TsunamiR

Reaction score
Anyone have a chance to wire an aftermarket light bar- say in a bumper- where you tapped the Amber back light feature into the amber DRLs? If so- what and where did you tap into???
TIA-

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
On my Gen 2, I got the light harness from @Specialtyperformanceparts. It is not recommended to tap into a headlight housing circuit, even for parking lights. It is available for the Gen 3, plug and play.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just run the back light wire, they have all been white to upfitter switch # 5( Gen 2), I have multiple back light wire on one switch. I just leave # 5 on all the time.

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone have a chance to wire an aftermarket light bar- say in a bumper- where you tapped the Amber back light feature into the amber DRLs? If so- what and where did you tap into???
TIA-
We have a patented plug-and-play harness that will do this. Depending on what light bar you have, you may need to alter the harness you have to work with it, or purchase one of our lightbar harnesses that will plug directly into it. Very clean and simple install.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'm happy to help if you need assistance figuring out what to get.

Thanks!
-Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778