**WINTER SPECIAL** Black "FORD" tailgate ovals **GROUP BUY**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me also pose this question. If we making a totally unique oval just for the back up camera trucks by coring out the back of the oval, would you prefer a bevel / chamfer outside edge instead of having a radius? Something that would angle down towards the bezel instead of coming straight out with a radius as seen below. If I bevel the edge, the Ford script and pinstripe would need to be scaled down to compensate for the smaller outside face.

82de15aa39bb684beccae9f0cfc042cd_zpsc8ccfd62.jpg

Also in this picture some of you will paint the bezel with a wrinkle finish paint. I could order a wrinkle black powder coat as an option as well. If you don't want to paint the bezel, I could keep the outside edge of the ovals polished and paint fill just the Ford script and pinstripe as another option.

Lets brainstorm some ideas for options and I will see what is possible.

I would be all in for a badge that has the backside clearanced to fit the bezel and for a badge that continues the bevel of the existing bezel. The current design looks like it juts out straight and does not look factory at all. Continue the angle of the bezel and make the Script and ring smaller to compensate. It would look totally factory.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Billet Badges

Billet Badges

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All of the orders that wanted the pocketed rear have been completed and shipped. We needed to change over all of our tooling to redo these ovals. You should be able to pop off the factory oval and the new oval will use those raised bezel pieces as an alignment guide to stick on the new oval.

As for the bevel outside edge, we will look into that next.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine, but back not machined out. Did a custom logo to. Not keen on shaving down the plastic so the oval sits flush